G9 TC Banana plating information

Hi, This is sharath from shimoga district.
What is the difference between Grand Naine Banana and other normal suckers Banana culture? Why do you recommend the G9 Banana?
I am planning for 10 acres of cultivation of the G9 Banana. I am going to plant next month.
Can you please answer me few questions below:
1.How many plants needed per acre?
2.How much it cost me per acre?
3.After how many months will yield start?
4.What is the yield, when we look after very well and as we got fully irrigated lands?
5.What type of irrigation you recommend?
6.How much is the current market rate for G9 Banana?
7.What is the life period of each plant?
Please any one answer me urgently, because I have to make a decision on this variety.

Regards,
Sharath

Hi Sharath …

We are providing information on your Quries on G-9 Banana in seriatum:

1.How many plants needed per acre? 1480 Plants are Required Per Acre.

2.How much it cost me per acre? This will Costs you about Rs.12 to 15 Per Plnt of Tissue Culture Banana Plant.

3.After how many months will yield start?It will yield in 12 Months in 1st year and 11 Months in 2nd Year and 10 Months in 3rd Year.

4.What is the yield, when we look after very well
and as we got fully irrigated lands?

5.What type of irrigation you recommend? We recommend Drp Irrigation to avoid Root rot disease.
The yield would be about 45 Tonnes to 60 Tonnes Per Acre.

6.How much is the current market rate for G9 Banana? The whole sale Market Price is Rs. 500 to 1200 Per Quental

7.What is the life period of each plant? The Life Period of Banana Plantation is THREE Years. if you need More information on Banana you Can contact AG Biotech who are the Poineers in G-9 Tissue Culture Banana.If you need more information you go through the site of banana.com/

Here is one more discussion on G9 Tissue culture

farmnest.com/forum/agricultural- … y-only-g9/

Hi vasudhafarms,
Thank you very much for ur valuable information and suggestion on G9 banana planting.
Regards,
Sharath
sharathmrr@gmail.com

[quote=sharathmr]
Hi, This is sharath from shimoga district.
What is the difference between Grand Naine Banana and other normal suckers Banana culture? Why do you recommend the G9 Banana? Mostly Tissue plants are discease free (if purchased from reliable tissue culture companies. G9 variety mostly discease free,standard yielder,good keeping quality and fetch reasonable/standard price,wanted by all traders,all areas.
I am planning for 10 acres of cultivation of the G9 Banana. I am going to plant next month.
1.How many plants needed per acre? : Dear Mr.Sharat, General plantation you take 6ftx 6ft and this can accomodate 1200 plants.high density plantation recommended by international banana association double row paired system ie; one row to row 6 ft,next row 4.5 ft x 4.5 ft, and again 6 ft. Plant to plant in all rows 4.5 ft. This system can accomodate 1850 nos plants.This is a successful system.
2.How much it cost me per acre? : approximately Rs 1,00,000 little more or less.
3.After how many months will yield start? : First crop in G9 tissue banana the first crop starts in 11 months and complete by 12 months. The second crop starts in 7 to 8 months as we leave the succers after the plant yields bunch ( approximately by the time the bunch is harvested the age of the plant succer will be of 3 to 4 months.).like this the 3 rd crop also.All this happens if we maintain godd agricultural practices only.
4.What is the yield, when we look after very well and as we got fully irrigated lands? : In general we can expect 30 kgs to 40 kgs per bunch. you can caliculate.
5.What type of irrigation you recommend? : It depends on your experience,general conditions prvealing etc but generally drip is good and easy if maintained properly.
6.How much is the current market rate for G9 Banana? : generally the market price for g9 banana will be Rs 6/- to 13/- per kg - 10 % bunch weight.
7.What is the life period of each plant? : generally if we grow it in chemical farming, we can take 2 or 3 crops. If it is organic we can take crops upto 8 to 10 years successfully.You may be well aware near jalna of maharashtra, one swamiji is helping the local farmers in the same land same plants from past 19 yrs ( PL cross check.upto my knowledge near jain drip ).But if we follow we can grow it for still long time even.
Please any one answer me urgently, because I have to make a decision on this variety.

Regards,
Sharath
[/quote] : all the best Mr.Sharath. gprao,farmer.

Dear Mr. Sharath, The place of swamiji in maharashtra,where from 19 yrs organic banana is growing is not jalna but it is JALAGAON. pl change it and read as JALAGAON instead of JALNA. GPrao,farmer.

Dear sir,
Thank you for ur valuable information. Also wat measures should i take after planting tissue culture G9 banana crop. Also wat are the fertilizers should i use. plz can u suggest me.
Regards
Sharath

Hi,
this is interesting info for me . Can you please be more specific about this swamiji at jalgaon ?
I hail from jalgaon and jain irrigation campus is just few kilometers from my home .
I will be visiting jalgaon in month end and can provide more details of the visit .

Thanks

Thank you for Your response.

I have skipped in Providing Information Regarding Tissue Culture G-9 Banana and Other Suckers.
So far G-9 Banana has shown its Proven Performance in Yield and Marketability.
Further Tissue Culture Yields Uniformly at a Time and the disesses are less when compared to local Banana Suckers.

Hi, This is shariff from chamarajnagar district.
What is the difference between Grand Naine Banana and other normal suckers Banana culture? Why do you recommend the G9 Banana?
1.How many plants needed per acre?
2.How much it cost me per acre?
3.After how many months will yield start?
4.What is the yield, when we look after very well and as we got fully irrigated lands?
5.What type of irrigation you recommend?
6.How much is the current market rate for G9 Banana?
7.What is the life period of each plant?

Regards
shariff

Hi Sharif,
attaching a PDF from jains on banana plantation which gives more info .
Hope it helps .

Thanks,
banana.pdf (3.88 MB)

Thank you Rao Garu,

Thank you Very Much after a Long time I am seeking your advise on Banana. Now my Land is ready for Planting Banana. By end of this Month I can take up Planting of TC G-9 BANANA. Kindly advise whether is the right time for Planting Banana Nr. Hyderabad.kindly Advise.

MANNE.SN,
Vasudha Green Farms,

Dear Rao sir,

I am not able to get any information regarding the Jalagaon swami ji, and his banana technique.

Can you please give more information on the same.

If any one in the forum knows about the organic farming technique of swamiji where you need not plant new banana saplings every 3 years, I will be really greatfull.

Regards

VK