Fresh starter of dairy farm in Yavatmal (Vidarbha/ Maharashtra) - what breeds?

hey…!!! I am Jasmeet Singh from Maharshtra a placed called Yavatmal (140km away from Nagpur) in vidarbha region…
I m a fresh entrepreneur to start a diary farm in my place… I m very much confused about the breed selection of cows as well as buffaloes as the climate is hot and dry for almost 6 months… many have suggested not to buy HF and murrah due to unsuitable condition… but local breeds are not well enough for good yielding of milk… i have seen some farms in nagpur having hf & murrah…

Apart from breed selection please also suggest me what all point should be taken into consideration when entering freshly into these venture keeping into mind the climatic condition of my area… suggest me no. of cows & buffaloes to keep being an initial starter… being an MBA i m very much interested to start up wid my own business n i m very much affectionate & interested person in dairy…

Thanks & Regards
Jasmeet Singh

please help…

hi,

you will find all the information you are asking for in the animal farming section. the questions similar to what you are asking have been answered a lot of times on many of the posts in this section. please take some time to go through the various topics to resolve your queries

this link will get you started

farmnest.com/forum/animal-farmin … resources/

brijesh

Thanks for the reply Mr. brijesh…

i have read many of ur topics…/// as many of ur members who had qouted the querries are from southern part of the country… n the weather is quite different here… as i have seen many of the suggestions said that buy cows from kolar or some where around Karnataka or tamilnadu…
what about in my case… where shuld i go to purchase crossbreed which will reduce my transportation in maharshtra say for crossbreeds, sahiwal, red sindhi ( IN MAHARSHTRA)… n buffaloes too…

specially mention me market place of crossbreeds and sahiwal in maharashtra…

thanks

n e one to help me once again…

Can you call me if you want help?

sure… y not… may i know ur good name n number…

SWAMY-8123019678

Mr.swamy… right now i m in office … which is d most suitable time to call u…

thanks

Guys,
I too planning for Dairy farming in Amravati. We can share our research etc. You can reach me on 9594344975

mr avinashm :-

o sure… may i know by how many cows n buffaloes u r about to start up ur venture…

jaiswal’s dairy farm can help u to carry ur own dairy field

n e ways it will b my pleasure to go for research…

thanks

I’m planning with 50 cows, but need all professional guidance from consultancy, which breed we should keep as u already mentioned about our area’s weather. With phase I , I just want dairy farming + cold storage and sell raw milk in local area or upto Nagpur. I didn’t contact yet Dinshaw and other big dairy firms for their requirement so market study not yet done on milk requirement of our area. I’ll talk to u in details.

Saathi milgaya? Happy journey of milk production in Vidarbha.
All the best

Please contact Dr Bhoite at KVK Baramati, he will be able to guide you

Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

you can also contact mr suhas patil on 09960195262, He is having a dairy farm 60-65 cows(Gir). Only 2-3 persons are managing the farm

Thanx Mr. brijesh… i had my conversation with Dr. patil 2-3 days back… & he has suggested to come baramati on 22nd may for taining…

Be sure to tell us what you learn and finalize! 8)

cows are not suited for this area. the time to start the project is around september. this area is well known for permanent droughts. fooder, water, health mnaintainence are problems.