Free Electricity for Agriculture - transferring to others name

Hi All,

Good Day!!!

I’m from Sathyamangalam, Tamilnadu and I have 5 acres of Land in Thalavadi (Near Sathyamangalam, Erode Dt). I have applied for free EB connection a year back, also I don’t know when i can get the same, it may take 10 years or 20 years.

Also, I came to know that any unused/extra free EB connection for agriculture can be transferred to others name. Is it true? If so please let me know the procedures?

Thanks,
Dhana.

Hi Dhanasekar,

In Tamil Nadu, the agriculture power connection cannot be transferred between two parties but a single party can transfer the power connection from one location to other, against feasibility of already having a transmission line at the new location.

Kindly approach the nearest EB office to see the possibilities of the same.

Regards

Thanks Saravana Kumar for the quick reply.

Yes the idea is like register the land (1 acre) where we have the free EB, along with the EB connection. Then transfer the EB connection and again register the land back to the original owner.

Thanks,
Dhana.

I like the idea.

Looks like worth giving a shot at!

Regards,

Hi, I came across this forum recently. I was looking for an answer to the same question you raised. Did you get an answer or if you have done it by yourself, can you please share the process of name change.