Fencing plant picture

Can anybody in this forum post GACHHAKAYA (Caesalpinia crista) Plant Picture. Also i wanted know the approximate cost of the seeds per kg.

Regards,
Chetan B R

DearvChetan

U can visit the page agricultureinformation.com/forums/consultancy-services/32034-free-information-caesalpinia-crista-l-natural-fencing-plant.html

There are no pictures of GACHHAKAYA (Caesalpinia crista) Plant.

Regards,
Chetan B R

lmgtfy.com/?q=Caesalpinia+crista

Hi?
See the attached photo which has taken at Auroville. Iam not sure about it, any one can confirm.

I just bought the seeds a week back for 160/- per kg at Saralgaon.Seeds have just been sown two days back.Will post pics once its grown :slight_smile:
Regards,
Yaj.

Hi Yaj,
which fencing plant seeds you are referring , can you please clarify if I have missed anything .

Thanks,

I have planted Sagargota/Gachakaya/Caesalpinia bonduc.
Regards,
Yaj.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the info .
Can you please provide any pointer or info on how these plants grows, height, life, any other usage of these plant .
Did you planted on fly or specific combinations of the plants you used.

I am planning to have bananan’s some time in Oct and seriously looking for some natural fencing option.

I can not afford spending few lacks on fencing of the farm . In our area grazing of neelgaay is very common .
Also is it possible to get these seeds at Jalgaon market ?
Appreciate your help on this.

Regards,
Prashant

There is some detailed info here agricultureinformation.com/forums/sale/83805-natural-fencing-gachhakaya.html
The plant is used in various ayurvedic preparations for fever,deworming etc. The seeds are also pretty well priced.
Regards,
Yaj.

Hi Yaj,

Can you tell/show us how the fence looks now?
I am considering gachakaya as well.

Hi Chandraji,
I had around 70+ saplings which are 6months old at our native, 1.5 feets tall . It looks small leafy plant but its real thorny, you can not even touch its tender branches .
Once it grows its going to be real challenge for intruders . Unfortunately I do not pic as of now .

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant

I’m looking to source some Gachakaya seeds and have drawn a blank so far. Any pointers on where they can be sourced from, around Hyderabad or elsewhere?

Prashant ji,
Can you tell me where can we get these saplings.Even i want to put these saplings for my farm land boundaries.
Thanking you in advance.
Prakruthi
Srinivashyd01@gmail.com

I have ordered some seeds and will let you guys know the details if/when they arrive.

Hi Chandraji,

Nice to see your post for fencing information.Can I see Sagor Gati plant picture…

thanks ,
Sudhakar

Hi Prashant,

I am planning to plant Gachakaya as fencing plant.
Can you please post some pictures of your fence.

Thanks in advance.
Sudhakar