Farm fencing - Need contacts

I see that the posts are quite old. Would anyone know the prevailing prices of:

1. TATA barbed wires/ KG
  2. Stone poles

Appreciate your support as always :slight_smile:

1. TATA barbed wires/ KG may be Rs. 85 to 90/kg
  2. Stone poles anywhere between Rs. 150 to 225 it depends on how near it is available to your place

Dear Forum Farmer Friends,

Recently ,we have purchased stone poles, both burnt and raw.

Burnt stone pillars of size 4inch x 8 inch x 8 1/2 ft long - Rs 300/- to 310/- each.
Raw stone pillars of same size - Rs 275/- to Rs 290/- each.

I strongly recommend Burnt stone pillars are good.

These prices are between Sadahalli/Koira/Chaparakallu/Peresandra/Sadali/Bagepalli/Gudibanda/Gowribidanur/Koratagiri .

with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Dear G.P. Rao sir,

Thanks for the info, What does Burnt stone pillars and Raw stone pillars means?, my knowledge is limited, I knew only stone pillars or cement pillars.

Some picture may also help. Thanks

Regards,
SriRaja

Dear Sriraja sir,

There are two methods, followed by granite Industralists.

one is they smoothly blasts, take out the stone blocks and send them to the consignees. After, they send persons to cut them to required sizes and do the required for us.

Second is they burnt the specific portion of the hill, stage by stage, take out blocks of required size, gently blast and send them to the consignees. Again they send persons for cutting to required size.

Since burning operation is involved, the prices are little more. When the stone is burnt, it will get cut to exact size, hard and long lasting, and more life than raw stone. Generally Big stones used for construction of sheds etc, burnt stones are used. By seing even the fence poles, we can judge, whether it is a raw one or burnt stone.

But both are good and better than cement poles.

with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Why electric fencing of farm land is not explored since stray animals damage crops and plants? Let’s look into this as it’s upcoming necessity.
I’ve 20 acres to fence and protect from stray animals. Please suggest feasibility and expenses.
Thanks

Dear Mandeep,

The main dampener for electric fence is the cost & the legalities in getting one. Unlike the solar fence these fences in most of the places do not get properly installed (Example being, live power line directly connected to steel barbed fence wires) & this is highly risky to lives.

Most of the states have very strict norms regarding electric fencing too.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar

My understanding from discussion with law enforcement officer that any loss of life due to live wire draws a Non Bailable Warrant

Yes I certainly mean solar power or 12 v battery etc. No direct electricity. Let’s explore how and from where electric fencing ofcourse battery or solar power operated

I am from Nagpur Vidhrabha region, I would like to know stone poll with fixed chain link fencing. Total boundary of farm is coming approx 600 Mtrs. Please help me with total lumsum cost. Also contractors contact

Can i get contact details

Dear Tnm,
Please share your contact details on my email samiullasalam@gmail.com

Can somebody give me the contact details who does the stone pillars fencing work around Tumkur - Dabaspet/Nidavanda (around 10KM from Nidavanda to my place).

I wanted to get this done for my 1.2 acre land immediately.

Thanks in advance

Dear Sir,
can i get the contact number for FENCING FOR 380RS/SQFT IN DODDABALLAPUR. AS U SAID.

NAVEEN

Can somebody give me the contact detais of the stone pillars suppliers in odisha .

Hi,

Looking for stone pillars to fence my land near yediyur. So please suggest contact details and hint the approximate cost.

Regards
Pavan

Namaste All,

I am looking for some fencing contractors near Tumkur.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Amith

We will do solar fencing

What would be cost for solar fencing in 8 acre ?

Kindly furnish the details using Whtzapp txt …Thanx by Harikrishnan +919447733754 Whtzapp txt