Electric tillers cultivators

Thanks Rafiq,

I will seriously look into B&D option.
The reason Why I said Troy bilt was that, I any way have to buy it for The other attachment like pole pruner and circular saw is and brush cutter, cultivator is an add on attachment.

@ natureworx
Yes its $250, but add shipping and Customs it will be Around Rs 25 K, You can chk that on amazon itself. It ll be cheaper if someone can carry it from there, or if it is shipped by sea !

If anybody know cheaper shipping please let me know.

Regards,
Viktree

Hi,
you can ask a friend to ship it by USPS priority mail, it will be cheaper than courier.
There is no customs duty on agri implements. [Mod edit: not accurate, see below]
By sea one pc not possible.
If your work load is heavy kindly go for a Mantis 4Stroke petrol cultivator, electric brushes of BD will keep wearing out.Arey cheap though, easy to replace.
How many tillers would you need?I am looking for one.
If other members interested can club order to see if sea shipping psbl.
Regards.

Hi,

I will require One tiller, But if shipping is less and no customs then dont mind buying 2 of them.
The place where it will be used is a slopy terrain and hence petrol may not be very effecient as we have a lot of start stop operation. That is why I am particular abt Electric tillers.

Also In the next 2 years I plan to go for Solar (upto 3 KW) that will ensure less carbon foot print.

Any feed back on i-parcel, I have orderd a B&D pole pruner to be shipped by amazon, the website doesnt seem to give proper updates on shipping status

Rgds,
Viktree

Hi Viktree,
that makes it three, lets wait n see if any other members interested.
By sea it will take 2/3months.
Choice of tiller should be based on soil condition.
Regards

Hi,

We can also chk with the regular Agri implements importers if they can get it for us.
I am sure if we have numbers they will also be interested.

Rgds,
Viktree

Hi,
hav made enqries but none of them interested in helping out with BD tiller, due to warranty issues(BD TL10 runs on 110-120@50-60cycles).
Also spoke to BD india off in mumbai but they dont have any plan to launch it in india in the near future.
For ease of operations, Companies in US of A hav their shippping tie-ups with selected courier companies, this leads to exploitation, amazon collcts customs duty on all products, even if duty isnt applicable, only to refund part of it.
They wont send by USPS, which is a cheaper option for the buyer, citing various reasons.
Regards.

Discussion on import duty on agri machinery moved here: Customs duty on import of agricultural machinery into India

Hi Airfoil what make of stepdown transformer are you using for your 110V stuff.How much did it cost you.
Regards