Dwarf vs tall coconut hybrid

D*T hybrid coconut …when bearing fruits like this definitely farmers will feel like living in heaven

[quote=RAMU]
D*T hybrid coconut …when bearing fruits like this definitely farmers will feel like living in heaven
[/quote] Is this soil good for hybrid coconut planting

This soil is good…It appears red sandy soil with deep soil profile…Ensure that your pit is of the dimension 3’*3’*3’ LBH .Fill 2/3 of the pit that is to say 2 feet depth of the pit should be filled with the mixture of river sand , well composted cowdung , Native soil ( top soil taken out of the pit ) and add 1kg of gypsum or 200 grams of super phosphate and 100 grams of urea in each pit while planting …Application of 1/2 kg of Neem cake is advisable …

Plant the saplings in such a way that the collar region of the sapling ( the region where stem and nut meet together ) is placed just above the soil level inside the pit …As and when you irrigate the saplings or undertake cultural operation the top 1/3 rd pit will be filled up naturally and surface will become even…When you plant coconut sapling 1 foot down soil surface the plant grows well and give anchorage and more yield

Hi RamuJi

Thank u for such a detailed response. I wanted to know about intercropping carrots or radish in this soil. Is this soil good for radish and carrots. And can I grow them without ploughing or tillig the soil… I.e. no till farming?? Just sowing seeds directly into existing soil

Can i get this saplings in maharastra raigad??

Oh yes…you can grow carrot and radish as inter crop .the soil looks red sandy with soil PH around 5.5 to 6.6 or near neutral …With little amendments like organic matter ( FYM ) and requisite plant nutrients you can grow these as intercrop in coconut for 2 to 3 years until coconut tree bears fruits…

With regard to tilling your land , there is no necessity for frequent tilling as that collapse soil structure …better you loosen soil and remove weeds …it is enough to carry on cultivation without tilling for 2 to 3 years …