Dwarf coconut varieties in the production of hybrid coconut

Malayan orange and Malayan yellow dwarf were found superior in producing an excellent Dwarf Vs Tall hybrid coconut with characters like size of the nut, tender coconut water , productivity of individual tree , copra content and life of the yielding tree …

Also the D*T hybrid coconut involving Malayan green dwarf as mother palm is performing well in producing innumerable fruits in a bunch but small sized nuts

Chowghat orange and chowghat green dwarf are indian origin that are used in hybrid coconut production in southern states …

The chowghat green dwarf involved in crossing program with West coat tall to produce kalpha sankhara

Dear ramu sir,

Attached are pictures of my Deejay hybrid coconut which I planted in November 2015. Out of hundred planted around 5 have become yellow… can u pls check the photos and guide please

Dear friend

The key to the success of Deejay or any hybrid coconut is continuous and enough soil moisture , frequent fertigation and more organic manures like FYM or wermicompost and bio fertilizers and most important clean cultivation .

Mean more and close attention …

The coconut seedlings got sick mainly due to mis management or lack of attention

If you fail to grow healthy hybrid coconut in the early years , then it will be a total failure

where as the tall coconut has the capacity to revive even after mis management in the early years …

The major problem in early years of coconut cultivation is

1.RHinocerus Beetle
2.Root rot / collar rot that will reflect on death of leaves

Even if you attend to corrective measures now, the problem will recur anytime in future if no proper management care is bestowed as required of the coconut tree crop …

As first priority , loosen the soil around the plant, apply well decomposed farmyard manure @ 10 kgs and pour Bordeaux mixture 1% solution - 1-2 lit around root zone .it will resolve your problem

Dear ramu sir, my father is himself on the farm daily ( our house is in the farm itself) with a dedicated labour just to water and look after the plantation. He is very religiously following the schedule of fertigation as give by Deejay team…

My intuition is that the groundwater level is very high in my farm… if u see one of the pictures attached, even though there is no surface waterlogging… on digging the ground to apply FYM the water accumulated from nowhere… could one of the reasons for this sickness be excess water… u r the expert… just sharing my gut feeling. Could excess water be a problem.

Ramu sir awaiting your reply

Dear friend
I see some flaws in cultivation . I will write you sometime later after my pilgrimage that last 3 days…however I request you to consult an expert nearby your location .seriously this will impact your yield , income and your psychology too unless the expenses on this does not disturb you …

If seasonal crop fails that can be made good of with next crop that is imminent …where as coconut keeps you waiting for 30-40 years that will kill your mind unless you see income

So pl consult an expert …pieces of information may reinforce your existing knowledge but never make you a competent grower if you are new to the subject matter
Regards

I’m a farmer from palakkad. Where i can get Kalpa Sankara coconut variety.