Drumstick, the game changer for him

Hi All,

I came across this interesting article where a college principal is cultivating drumstick (Moringa) in his little more than 1 acre farm. He seems to enjoy good profitability.

The link is: thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp … 427904.ece

Regards
Shan

Dear Sri Shan, good result. As I state regularly, horticulture, Oleri culture, Floriculture are very profitable, like any other business or say even better than so many businesses. We , farmers should study, choose crops basing on our land conditions and select a suitable crop and do with confirmed mind. Quality of our produce place a vital role and also that days prices in the markets. When we do farming regularly, with confidence, study mind and produce, we are successful. Not only rs 3,50,000/_ per acre and it can be much more also. It is a good article and hope all our forum members may read this article. With best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

[quote=g.p.rao]
Dear Sri Shan, good result. As I state regularly, horticulture, Oleri culture, Floriculture are very profitable, like any other business or say even better than so many businesses. We , farmers should study, choose crops basing on our land conditions and select a suitable crop and do with confirmed mind. Quality of our produce place a vital role and also that days prices in the markets. When we do farming regularly, with confidence, study mind and produce, we are successful. Not only rs 3,50,000/_ per acre and it can be much more also. It is a good article and hope all our forum members may read this article. With best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer
[/quo

Dear rao sir… I have attached pictures of my drumstick plants which are almost six months old in the foreground… Behind are teak trees… Can you tell me if they are doing well for their age… When can I expect them flowering and fruiting… It is in udupi district. The soil is red…

Dear Sri Vaishak,

If the variety you have planted is Annual Moringa, it will flower during february-April , after 6 to 8 months after plantation. Sufficient manuring and fertigation schedules to be followed and pruning practices to be done as per recommendations.

With best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Have read through the article of S.C. Kamte earning around 3.5 Laks in just one year from Drumstick. While I agree that this story is lucrative and attracts many into this field, I would like to say that, it would have been good had the on-the-ground facts and practices were mentioned.

How can the total investment be less than 15000 Rs? Are the labour expenses, travel charges (he being working in a city based college), and marketing expenses considered in it?

What kind of practices he has implemented to get this yield? Such information would be more useful, I guess.

Regards,
Raj