Drip System for Mango and Pomegranate crops - Need Advise

Hello

I am looking for advise to choose right drip irrigation system for Mango (15’x15’) 1.5 acres and Pomegranate (9’x14’) 6 acres. So far I got quote from Netafim(1.8L including taxes) and waiting on Jain (for a month now). For mango drip lines will be on the surface and for pomegranate it will be buried (as shown in the picture).

I have a 60000 liter capacity overhead water tank at the highest point of the land at 14’ height. I am looking for a system that can work on gravity.

I am looking for your advise as to which one is the best for your money and reasonable cost per acre. Also what’s the life span of these systems and what kinda maintenance is required?

Thank you in advance.

Before discussing cost, we can discuss the necessity of the drip. Do we need drip for Mango and Pomogranate? Both are rainfed crops.

For Mango If it is UHD plantation, drip is needed for fertigation(Jain farms in Udumalpet had this). Mangoes dont need much water after flowering, it decreases sweetness. They need irrigation for initial three years only in summer.

Considering above points, do you want a permanent(for 10years) setting of drip?

Hi Sri2012 for the reply.

When I say Mango, it’s major part (50%) of fruit orchard in 1.5 acres. There are about 20+ varieties of fruit trees in total. All plants are 3 years old now. Photo attached.
It’s sort of red soil (Chilaka) where it does not retain moisture for longer periods.

For Pomegranate I am taking advise of an exporter who advised drip as we have to subject the crop to drought conditions for specific period around flowering time. I will have to double check on this since I am learning this myself.

Thanks again.

Thank you Sir Srinivas Garu,

While installing Drip you go for Polythene sheet Mulching which will keep the moisture for longer periods. Kindly use Black Film only instead of Transparent Film. Because you are in Hyderabad, you can get subsidy for the Mulching Sheet also. Kindly contact your Horticulture Officer. Also inform us your Farm Address so as to enable us to suggest and serve you ,more.
MANNE.SN,
Vasudha Green Farms,

i have UHDP of mango ,where i have installed silver black mulching sheet with drip irrigation.
I am drip irrigation installer and erector .I undertake UHDP mango plantation.
My farm in PEN RAIGAD MAHARASHTRA is certified organic farm
Girish khambete [quote=vasudhafarms]
Thank you Sir Srinivas Garu,

While installing Drip you go for Polythene sheet Mulching which will keep the moisture for longer periods. Kindly use Black Film only instead of Transparent Film. Because you are in Hyderabad, you can get subsidy for the Mulching Sheet also. Kindly contact your Horticulture Officer. Also inform us your Farm Address so as to enable us to suggest and serve you ,more.
MANNE.SN,
Vasudha Green Farms,
[/quote]

We have around 1000 mango plants and we have gone for drip irrigation right from the beginning,it saves lots of water,easy to manage