Digging Borewell near riverbed

Hi All,
Can you please let me know if its legal to have a borewell nearby a riverbed (less than 100 meters ).
I have a riverbed adjacent to my farm in Maharashtra and some water will be allowed in river from the dam which was used for irrigation purpose by farmers till now.

But due to recent deficient rains, farmers are not allowed to pump the water and EB cut the electricity supply in entire area to ensure no one uses electric motors to pump water.

I want to check if I can dig a borewell in shallow area of land very near to riverbed legally .
If I am able to dig a borewell, what are the economical options I have to pump water without electric supply .
I am tracking a thread on solar operated water pumps but as of now I wont be able spend 5+ lacks for such system.

If I have a diesel operated water pump, will it be portable enough to draw water overnight without much noise and dismantle quickly early in the morning (For land of 10 to 15 acres)?

Please advise.

Regards,

Here is another option that came up when talking to my friend. One can dig a big enough pit/well in side the farm land and coat it with stones on river side and plater it on the other side such that the river water seeps into the well. Then that water can be pumped for irrigation purposes. I understand there are lot of things to consider for this to work. This is an idea in theory, not sure if someone has tried it.

Hope it helps.

As a low cost(bellow 2lacs for shallow waters only) renewable energy solution “Windmil”

agritech.tnau.ac.in/agricultural … rpump.html

There is information on who fabricates this also in the bottom of the web page.

One may want to carefully consider installing a windmill in orchards where the tree layout doesnot affect the space for windmill at later years when tree grow taller. It may be good for short/mid term crops.

Similar to what has been quoted here, dig a well/pond in the farm land and construct a tunnel or place a bigger pipe that connects the river with it. This is what we have in our farm (which was done 20-25 years back by the previous owner).

Hi? Can you please try to collect information wind mill installed one fabricator cum farmer near Kattaya (Bot able to recollect exact name of the village) on the way of Gorur from Hasana? I have noticed the wind mill on the left side very closed to the road it while coming through bus to Hasana.

[quote=bijuparakkulathu]
Similar to what has been quoted here, dig a well/pond in the farm land and construct a tunnel or place a bigger pipe that connects the river with it. This is what we have in our farm (which was done 20-25 years back by the previous owner).

[/quote] Are yo sure that authorities will permit to do this officially? Digging bore well and doing other activities including the suggested are prohibited near to river bed, please check.

Dear Swami Sir,

I will defeinitly do it. I will carry my camera and try to give all the information to forum users within a week.

Hi All,
Now I need to know the approximate cost of the borewell (around 200 feets) along with electric pump .
Its legal or not I am going to dig a borewel in my farm next to riverbed . All peoples, farmers nearby suggested to go for it.

Unless and untill I have water source I can not get EB connection . I can not wait for permission to use dam water which I will get only after sufficient rain in next rainy season (July-Sep 13). I need to get ready with water and EB supply till Mar 13 to plan for plantation June onwards . I wanted to go with government subsidy for fruits plantation for which I need to start process by Mar 13 .

Please provide suggestions, any specification for borewel and related stuff along with approximate pricing .

Thanks & regards,

About 25K for drilling and 50K for a good quality pump, pipes, fittings and wiring.

The current drilling rate in Hyderabad is about Rs. 48/ft for first 200 ft; 58/ft for next 100. Casing costs 220/ft and typically goes for 60 ft; add a couple of thousands for miscellaneous expenses.

Hi Chandra,
thanks for the info . Is there any specific dimension for agri borewell in terms of diameter ? or they similar ones that we dig in our backyard at homes .

Thanks,
Prashant

I think 6 inch is the de facto standard for farms. The modern machines in my little knowledge are called high pressure rigs. Depending on the depth you state, the driller might send a different machine - which has power to go deeper, with more drill rods etc.