Diary farm at Nashik, Maharashtra

I intend to start a Diary farm at Nashik, Maharashtra initially with around 10 buffalos. I have two acre land with water. Can someone guide me.

Dear Sir,
With 2 acres of land doing dairy, shed etc for 10 buffalo’s may not sufficient as fodder will become shortage.
With one acre of fodder about 4 to 5 buffaloes can be grown with self sufficient green fodder, in addition to this, hay and other feed concentrates has to be purchase from market.

Construction of shed may acquire about quarter acre and with available one and half acre land is not sufficient for maintaining fodder, fodder is 75% risk factor in dairy please note.

Most importantly, if you are ready to stay near dairy, then you can mange properly, otherwise it is highly risky job on relaying on some one including your kith & kin.

Dear Swami,

Thank you for reply.
I have total 5 acers of land. Its nearby but at differnt location. Can u tell me importance of fodder in dary business. How much investment required for dairy farm of ten BUFFALOES.

Dear Nilesh,
Baffalo cost would be about 60k each,
Construction of shed ranging from 150 sqmtr to 600.
Growing fodder is intelligence and it may not incur heavy amount.

I want know regrding selection of buffelo to suit this climet(Nashik,magarashtra). apart from tha since i am totali new in this field, How to manage dairy farm.
If anybody know information regarding dairy farm trainning please let me know.

hi,
there are some good dairy farms near Nandur Naka and on Peth Road, Nasik. Please visit the same to get an idea.

Also, there is one dairy farm on Makhmalabad-Mhasrul link road owned by Mr. Khaire of about 100 buffaloes.

For Nasik, the key to the profit is retail sale as there is lack of milk collection network of dairy companies.

If you manage to have your own outlet(s) in the city, the profitability is higher. Currently buffalo milk rate for retail sale in Nasik ranges from 30-35 Rs./lit

Cropcircle India
cropcircleindia.weebly.com/

[quote=nilesh.aher]
HI
I AM FROM YEOLA (NASHIK) I DONT HAVE AGRICULTURAL LAND CAN I ALSO START THE DAIRY

Are there any companies like Mahanad or Dinshaws or Coop Companies like Amul, which buy milk from milk producers directly in and around nashik area?

Hello, i dont have enough land…
Can i depend on Hydroponic fodder system for feeding requirement of cow.
Is Hydroponic fodder viable option ?

I to want to know the same… …I am from nagpur… Are there any companys who buy milk directly ??