Dhaincha cultivation

Dear Members,

Our soil report of our land is pH-5.6; Organic Carbon-0.14; EC-0.5; Phosphorous- 0.4; K-110 kg/ht.
Please advice me if I cultivate Dhanicha, it will improve pH and Organic Carbon.
Can someone please guide me of Dhaincha cultivation at my field.
Is it right idea to start Dhaincha after Rabi season?

Thanks.
Siddhartha.

Yes. Diancha will increase OC and normalise PH. Dont expect this to happen immediately. This may take more than 1 year.

You can broadcast diancha at any time but the best germination is before monsoon.

You can mix diancha, sun hemp, horsegram.

Plough field(chisel plough), Ensure field is moist engough to germinate,boradcast seeds, plough with board. No deweeding is needed. If you irrigate once in 15 days you will get good biomass.

How long to keep the Dhanicha plant at field before planting other crops?[quote=sri2012]
Yes. Diancha will increase OC and normalise PH. Dont expect this to happen immediately. This may take more than 1 year.

You can broadcast diancha at any time but the best germination is before monsoon.

You can mix diancha, sun hemp, horsegram.

Plough field(chisel plough), Ensure field is moist engough to germinate,boradcast seeds, plough with board. No deweeding is needed. If you irrigate once in 15 days you will get good biomass.
[/quote]

If you keep it for 4-5ft long it is good. people say if you keep it longer it has more nutrient value. But the stem gets thicker and difficult to handle. if it is 4-5 long you can use a tractor with discharrow and up root the it is very good.