Dairy farm for visit in and around Pune

Hello friends,

Can someone help me with this???
Want to visit a few commercial medium and large scale dairy farms in and around PUNE to know the best and economical dairy practices being followed.
Please provide the information about such dairy farms.

Regards,
Ashish

Also suggest any commercial dairy farm in Odisha & C.G ??
i also want to visit …

Friends,

I have continued my search and got to know a few dairy farms in Pune. Would be visiting them one by one and would share the locations and learning here as others who are looking for the same will get some help.

My suggestion to all who are looking for dairy farm visits in their respective area - one good option to start with is Military Dairy farm in your nearest area. I am sure it will be there if there’s an army cantonment in the area. Milk is produced for Indian Army only.

I have visited a military dairy farm last day itself and it was quite fruitful. Good crossed breed animals with avg milk yield of 18 ltrs or more…quite impressive.
will share my observations and learning soon.

Regards,
Ashish

I visited another dairy far this week…the largest and most advanced dairy farm in India. It’s Bhagyalaxmi Dairy farm in Manchar…60km from Pune on Pune Nashik Highway. It’s dairy farm of famous Gowardhan brand. They run a cheese factory under “GO” brand name and are the largest producer and exporter of cheese from India to other countries.

They have the most advanced milk parlour in India (Rotary parlour)…50 cows get milked in 5 minutes simultaneously.
Avg milk yield per cattle is 25 ltrs per day
Though there are animals yielding 40 litres and two of them yield 54 litres per day which is highest in India.

Cattle strength of 3500+
Dairy farm spread in 35 acres
Total labour strength = 75 in two shifts
Head to Head loose housing system.
Total Mixed Ration feeding with TMR machine which serves feed to almost 200 cattles in 5 minutes.
Three times milking at an interval of 8 hours.
Music system installed in barn where cattles enjoy soft music and bhajans.
Mist and Fans installed in cattle shed.
Mist arrangements in holding pen where cows wait for their turn in milking parlour.
Pre dipping and post dipping in milking parlour is followed.
Calf section is separate. Newest born are kept farthest from their mothers and are separated from their mothers within hours of their birth.
Calves are fed milk only with bottles 4 litres per day for 2 months.
Manure scraping through tractor and scraper attached to it.
Cleaning of shed is done when cattles go to parlour for milking.

Will keep sharing my observation and learning.

• Ashish
2 Likes

Friends,

The next stoppage was Sonwane Dairy Farm in Rahu village. 60 kms from Pune.

It’s a BUFFALO dairy farm.
Sonwane family runs it very efficiently.

Cattle strength of 850+
Milk yield per day 4000 ltrs/day
Breeds - Mainly Murrah and Jaffrabadi. According to them Jaffrabadi milk has more fat content and their diet is also slightly more than Murrah.

Head to Head tied housing system.
Feed - They grow Napier grass round the year and sugarcane bushes are also used as green fodder. Alfalfa (bought) is given in the evening.
Total Mixed Ration feeding with TMR machine.
Buffalo milking machine GEA Westfalia make used. All were bucket type with a vacuum line running through out the cattle shed. This means no separate milking parlour.
Wallowing pond available for buffaloes.
Automatic water bowl… interestingly they designed the water bowl system by themselves and is quite impressing.
Cleaning of shed is done by workers when buffaloes go for wallowing in pond.
According to them Buffalo dairy farm is a very good option.
Reproduction: - Bulls are paraded two times a day for heat detection. NO AI.
Oestrus in buffaloes is silent many a time and not easily detectable and hence Bulls are used for this purpose.
Buffaloes must be pregnant by 3 months after calving.
Gestation period is 10 months and 10 days i.e. 310 days.
Dry off 2 to 2.5 months before calving date.

Future plans for cattle housing -
Mist and fans
Music system

Regards,
Ashish

Thanks brother
Kindly update which farm you visit & your knowledge n experience …this is very useful for me …

Hi Ashish,
It is a great analysis and write up by you on diary farming. Are you leaving in Pune, Can I get your contact no?
Regards,
D Kamate

Hello Ashish Ji

Your analysis is very good…

Buffaloes must be pregnant by 3 months after calving.
Dry off 2 to 2.5 months before calving date.
Reproduction: - Bulls are paraded two times a day for heat detection. NO AI.
Oestrus in buffaloes is silent many a time and not easily detectable and hence Bulls are used for this purpose.

Profit of dairy farm depends on these types of information

Thanks …Plz update more information

hi ashish

Can you guide me through the process for visit to dairy farms near pune.

also may i have your contact details.

Thanks
Dilip

is there any permission needed to visit Bhagyalaxmi Dairy manchar, pune. I am interested in dairy business. If you have any suggestion pls send me your contact details. My number 7387818399

Dear Ashish,

I am veterinarian and dairy consultant from Ahmedabad Gujarat, call me for any assistance.

Dr Dasharath Thakor