Hi, I am from small town called Mulanur in Tamil Nadu. My region is very dry and get annual rainfall of just 600 mm. I am planning to plant trees on my 5 acres land. After lots of research I zeroed down to Ailanthus excelsa ( Mahanimb / Peemaram / Perumaram ). If anyone already have experience on this plantation please help me on the below questions.
- How many trees per acre is best? My bet is 12feet*12feet – 300 trees per acre
- How many years after I can harvest?
- What will be the yield and returns per acre?
- If I consider drip/flood irrigation, how many days once I should irrigate? How much liters of water required per acre per irrigate?
- What are the pest & disease risks?
Also I welcome any other plant suggestion for 600mm rainfall red soil land. I am not interested in Sandalwood & Red sandalwood because of security concerns.