Center Pivot Irrigation.. Is it feasible?!

Hello all,

I am Bharath and I have few acres of land near Chennai. I have recently became fond of farming and now I want to start doing it and make it my profession. I am studying various stuff regarding modern techniques used in farming and I have recently heard about Center Pivot Irrigation from one of my friends whose close friend is using this technique for his farm in South Africa. Now my friend had suggested me to talk to his friend and apply this type in my farm(if it is feasible). I have not yet spoken to him(my friend’s friend) but I did my ground study about it. It is kind of alternative for drip irrigation but I heard it would be a costly affair. Is it true?! Or is the cost worth it?! Can I go with this techniqe for my farm. For you guys to know I have 40 acres of land and if not for the entire plot, Can I use it for a part of it?! Currently I am growing paddy on the farm and now I want to grow vegetables and flowers in that… I have few more doubts for which I did not find answers yet… I will let you know once I get answers for my above doubts… Please guide me… Waiting for your reply…

This I am asking you guys rather than the one who is actually using it because you guys better know about various problems we face in our country when we go for some new technique. I cannot completely rely on him because his farming conditions in his place could be entirely different from ours. So I need your help and guidance people as I am very much new to farming . Please help me out…

Regards,
Bharath

Here I am attaching few pics regarding Center Pivot Irrigation for those who have not heard about it…

You have the need to commute.

Maruti 800 or Ferrari, its one’s pure choice.

The center pivot model is used mostly in drought prone countries and desert countries, where the water availability is limited. If you have enough water(Assuming you are growing paddy), reaping your returns from the investment is tough. Please do a feasibility study about this and step in. You can make something similar by yourself for small plots if you need and try it out.

Regards,
AKS

Thank you so much for your suggestion sir…
I would surely do a thorough study first…
Thank you once again…