Buying agri land in karnataka

Short answer NO.

But then there are lot of other condition that makes you eligible to purchase land.

1. Apply to AC (assistant commisionner) and state your objective of farming, and if he permits, you could become farmer even if did not inherit farmer status.
  2. If you are a qualified in agriculture (B.Sc Ag or similar) and want to start a farm/nursery you can get the permission to buy land.
  3. If you are a agriculture laborer
  4. For the purpose of horticulture including floriculture and agro based industries

Please remember pre-condition is non-agriculture based family income to be less than 2 lakhs per annum.

NO

note that if you are not eligible to buy, no matter what you do, you will not be able to buy.

Non Agriculture income should be less than 2 lakh .
Do not confuse with agriculture income.

The person should poss ancestral agriculture land or their ancestor should posses agriculture land from 1972 till date. Other wise be prepared for empty your pocket if this second point does not satisfy.

If still you purchased may be not you but your son may face lot of problem , as any local politician may be today but tomorrow they will grab the land for free or less cost. These things happen and in end people them self disappear .So better sell at good price to some strong party who is ready to face the gundas or rowdies etc .

I have heard many such cases , but cant help .

Also you may loose the land and may have to pay fine to government in certain case , but not sure as I have not heard of this .

Hi Team,

I have some doubts with respect to the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961 and Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964

1. Can you show that you are an agriculturist by proving that your parents or grand parents owned agricultural land before 1973?
  2. Is there are a requirement to prove that they owned 0.36 acres of land? If yes, is it 0.36 acres or 0.4 acres?
  3. If pt # 2 requirement is necessary, whether 0.36 acres should be continuous stretch of land or it can be aggregate ownership [eg. 0.2 + 0.16 acres separately].

Kindly help me in clarifying the above queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Sam Agri

hi,
now recently rules are chnged. if your annual income is 25 lacs you can buy agri land in karnataka.

are you serious? just what are all other things they needed?