Buying agri land in karnataka

HI Maxtrix,

i have been through this phase and couldn’t understand the rationale of these rules.Except vote bank politics fooling the gullible farmers and uneducated.

As you said rightly , we stand to loose every thing if the rule book is followed to the ‘T’.If ever that happens all of the transactions that are happening today in karnataka shouldn’t be valid.

touch wood and cross fingers :smiley: I took the chance .

Those who dared to dream and follow the passion of agriculture can move to other countries :slight_smile: that sounds more feasible leaving these gullible public at the mercy of Politicians :slight_smile:

I feel some how farmers are taken for a ride across the world even in US if not by politicians/traders then they are taken for a ride by these seed companies and fertilizer companies.

Recently I read in an article in Brazil , farmers have ganged up and decided not to pay monasanto their royalty for the soy veriety … andteh case is pending in International courts :slight_smile: I support farmers completely in that case.

Just thinking about the rationale behind this rule, thinking aloud and putting my writing my thought in random order.

Can this protect land mafia to buy agri land and make the farmers landless?. But then as i know only Gujarat and Karnataka has this rule. Does this mean only these two state want to protect farmers?.

As Murali pointed out, there are lots of lands getting exchanged now too, but then, our govt want to provide housing to all people so any land that is converted can be bought without any limit.

matrix, we do not have a organized farming where farmer can really get fixed income, so wishing that farmers should farming only is and and their kith and kin not allowed in other field would be debatable. Btw, probably all our ancestors were farmers… i know that was just a rant…

natureworx, you are right, there is no way to fulfill all the requirement. It depends how much you really want to follow and can you get away with this. While driving back today, there was a small truck (tata ace) that was carrying long construction poles that were protruding outside so much outside the vehicle. Is that valid, certainly not, going by the law, there are not suppose to carry anything outside the body of the vehicle, if done ( in certain cases) this needs to have the reflecting board and a tail light glowing at the extreme end…i really wonder even if the police is aware of all these rules, we see this happening all the while. Should we take the risk of registering the land overlooking the law, i am not sure, anytime when things become strict, there are chances of us loosing the land…and that could be huge amount.

Not sure about vote bank, farmers may not even be aware of these rules. This only hurts genuine guys who are interested in farming with other source of income.

Unfortunately until you really have other source of income its difficult to do farming.

There was a proposal that the limit be raised to 20L, is there any way that we too join hands to push for this amendment? i am sure lots of politicians will be benefited by this, so there may be support :slight_smile:

The rules in Karnataka and Maharashtra that prevents non-agriculturists from acquiring land is unjustified. If the rest of India which is by and large is still driven on agriculture, then are the farmers in these states are being exploited? Anything that is held so closely can only be benefiting a section. This nothing but another form of reservation.

Anyway I’m going ahead with checking out land in TN… I want to be an agriculturists and grow in this line. I don’t want to buy land in Karnataka and live in fear that I might loose the land because my father and mother income was over the limit by a couple of lakhs. I love Karnataka and have lived my entire life here… it was my earnest desire to do something in this state… but looks like a neighboring state is more welcoming than my own! :-X

All the best! Safeguarding the invested capitol is more important.
There was a offer about community farming kind of stuff, let me try dig the thread. May be that is good to pursue and i will be willing.

seriously, have you gone through this thread completely?

more importantly , farmnest does not and will never knowingly support or endorse any actions that is illegal and going against the law of the land (even if we do not personally agree or subscribe to the rationale behind the law).

please do not post anything that can be equated to breaking or illegal circumvention of the laws on the boards

I myself may have been guilty of going down this train of thought but as I watch my son grow I cannot help to wonder if he will grow up be proud of his father for the right reasons or the wrong ones

personal opinion, laws may be unreasonable or outdated but disregarding or breaking them is the first step to total anarchy no matter how noble the intentions

any idea that starts on the basis of something that is not right ethically, legally or morally is an idea best left unpursued

there may be two or three states which have this law, breaking and starting your idea may be the easy or convenient way out, but what you do will reflect on your future generations

these laws may hinder but not stop what you want to do in terms of getting into agriculture, last I checked there are many other options but those may not be easy or convenient e.g. go to some other state where you can buy agricultural land clean and legal without any moral hazard

kind regards,
Brijesh

Brijesh saab,

I do respect your noble intentions. However if we really do a good introspection we cant live ourlife one more day:)

Because continue to break laws of nature so many ways ( i know lot may say those are not laws of land…)

Howmany of us have acquired passport without paying bribe to policeman …? how many of us have correct date of birth certificates … how many of us have got License without paying any bribe or how many registered their house or vehicle registered without paying bribe.

Do we consider them to be breaking laws or should we consider them to be OK…

Sorry for taking a detour from original the topic. I think as of today Lawyers are surviving as they invent loopholes :slight_smile: and those are not considered to be illegal.Like wiseaquiring a property on dad r brotheror moms name is not even considered to be benami ,so i think its not as illegal as paying (under the table) to the registrar at the registration time:)

Hi?
If others may not give room to lawyers, then where is the question of their entry?
Actually people are creating their own problems and hence they approaching all including Advocates to resolve their issues.

Good thoughts Swamy ji :slight_smile:

Almost all the cases i have raised invite lawyers because we are breaking law on all those fronts. So I am questioning this selectively being Legal.

We can always wish for the best case scenario but these things come into the picture when we prepare for the worst case scenarios

Thanks

Hi All,

In spite of furnishing all the documents and meeting the Prerequisite be prepared to wait and have lots of patience. The key here is being non-caring but that id difficult having paid for the Land.

Ideal is to buy 1 acre and get katha for that in any place in Karnataka and then get the Katha done through the local VA. The higher up you go the more you have to pay as they change based on their design
ation i.e. next is Sarpanch, patwari, thehsildat and then finally AC.

Once you have the Katha for 1 acre in Karnataka you are treated differently and will not have to pay 3-10 k for the Katha’s. If not they will make you run pillar to post and it’s been 3-4 years and after paying lakhs I finally got the Katha.

They will make sure you furnish all doc to cover themselves from lok ayukta and then take bribes for each step along the way till finally you see name appear in the land revenue doc which by BTW is now computerized. The last bribe is to pay the computer guy to feed into their system.

Am sickened by the fact that Karnataka is more corrupt that any other state and far worse than Bihar.

Tread carefully and deal directly with the farmers. In 99% of the cases the brokers / sub brokers / village brokers end up taking a huge chunk of what you pay for the land and the farmer ends up getting practically nothing. If you are not careful the brokers will double the rate then what the farmer is asking for.

Note the above vent is after falling and learning the hardway so hope fully some of you would be able to avoid the pitfalls mentioned above.

Good Luck.

MadhuKali

Where there is a will there is a way and a green farm at the end of it all to enjoy afor the rest of yoru life

Hi All,

Is it a possibility for a person outside of Karnataka to buy a “plantation property” (an acre or so) in Coorg/Chikkamagalur area and then proceed to buy a “regular agricultural land” that falls within the rules of 79A & B?

Does the 2 Lac/Annum non-agricultural income limit hold good even to buy a plantation property?

Thanks
Biju

Good info, madhukali.
Looks like a tremendous effort needing a lot of patience. Congratulations on putting it all behind!

[quote=madhukali]
Hi All,

In spite of furnishing all the documents and meeting the Prerequisite be prepared to wait and have lots of patience. The key here is being non-caring but that id difficult having paid for the Land.

Ideal is to buy 1 acre and get katha for that in any place in Karnataka and then get the Katha done through the local VA. The higher up you go the more you have to pay as they change based on their design
ation i.e. next is Sarpanch, patwari, thehsildat and then finally AC.

Once you have the Katha for 1 acre in Karnataka you are treated differently and will not have to pay 3-10 k for the Katha’s. If not they will make you run pillar to post and it’s been 3-4 years and after paying lakhs I finally got the Katha.

They will make sure you furnish all doc to cover themselves from lok ayukta and then take bribes for each step along the way till finally you see name appear in the land revenue doc which by BTW is now computerized. The last bribe is to pay the computer guy to feed into their system.

Am sickened by the fact that Karnataka is more corrupt that any other state and far worse than Bihar.

Tread carefully and deal directly with the farmers. In 99% of the cases the brokers / sub brokers / village brokers end up taking a huge chunk of what you pay for the land and the farmer ends up getting practically nothing. If you are not careful the brokers will double the rate then what the farmer is asking for.

Note the above vent is after falling and learning the hardway so hope fully some of you would be able to avoid the pitfalls mentioned above.

Good Luck.

MadhuKali

Where there is a will there is a way and a green farm at the end of it all to enjoy afor the rest of yoru life

[/quote] This problem is persisting every where in India for every one. I being Farmer need to pay equivalent to the same you mentioned to get change Khatha from our ancestors to my name. There are many procedures which have good to protect our rights and bad (to incur extra expenditures) reasons to transfer khatha is no difference between farmers and new entrants purchasing lands, every one is incurring expenditures at all stages. Iam painfully mentioning that corruption is existing not only revenue department but each & every department of all states.

Hello friends,

Am currently working in IT field in Bangalore and planning to buy an agricultural land in KARNATAKA and shift my career to Agriculture . I do not have any previous agricultural lands in my name. But my Father has got an acre of agricultural land from my grandfather. With these data in mind, Am I eligible to buy agricultural lands in Karnataka in my name ?

Awating your precious response soon

Thanks
Pradeep

You can get a status of “farmer family”. Second rule is that you must not be an taxpayer. The rule says consolidated income of family must not exceed 2 lacs/year. The /year must be calculated for past 5 years.

Most people dont know this rule so you can go ahead with caution.

Dear pradeep sir, If your father is holding 1 acre land in karnataka,you keep the RTC ( phani ) which is in the name of your father and one family tree headed by your father in which you will be a family member. This is enough for you to purchase agriculture lands provided you are not a income tax payer exceeding limits. If your father is having agriculture lands in other states of india,pl bring his documents like patta books or any other documents pertaining to fathers agriculture lands along with a certificate from the thasildar of that area certifying him as a farmer and certifying you as his son.

Thank you Mr .Rao. I am a tax payer, so how do i go further ?

[quote=pradeepsuresh]
Thank you Mr .Rao. I am a tax payer, so how do i go further ?
[/quote] Dear pradeep sir, better not to take agriculture lands in karnataka if your gross earnings exceeds Rs two lakhs as per it retuns per year. If you are very intrested in agriculture, pl purchase lands in Andhra pradesh and/or in Tamilnadu, as there is no such rule. g.p.rao,farmer.

Dear Mr.Rao,

I have been watching the responses of various people in this blog and i also feel the same, As I see here from the responses the Karnataka Government rule states if anyone wants to buy an agriculture land in Karnataka, His/her non Agricultural income should not be more than or equal to 2 lakhs in a year and also he/she should be from a Agricultural family background( In the sense he/she or any clse blood relative should own a minimum of 0.4 acres of agricultural land in their name).

The first rule looks at targetting the Farmer and Govt wants him to be poor for generations to come, There by making them unfit to grow financially and crubing their rights to make money. This is ridiculous decission and a systematic way of our so called polititions to make the poor people the poorest…

Hai

I am doing agricultural land business in and around hosur areas like denkanikotta, Thally, Anekal border, Soolagiri and also almost 6 districts in tamil nadu. I used to get few buyers every week from karnataka. Karnataka peoples are hunting land only in tamil nadu border, the reason behind this is clearly given here. Thanks for the posting and reply

shajathali
shajath@gmail.com

Dear Members:
I need two clarifications:
a) Can someone guide me / let me know if an agriculturist and non-agriculturist can jointly purchase agriculture land in Karnataka?
b) Can a firm / company be formed of agriculturists and non-agriculturists to purchase agriculture land in Karnataka?

The land would be used for agriculture purpose only.

Regards,