Build soil fertility

Hi,

I recently bought a farm land , which is not utilized for anything right now. My plan is to start natural or organic farming. Farm currently doesn’t have bore. I am wondering if you guys have any ideas on improving soil quality, there is quite a bit of time before I start active farming. Please share any ideas which doesn’t require regular attention.

Thanks,
Anand

see more discussions
farmnest.com/forum/new-trends-in … /#msg14459

Thank you Sir,

Firstly you get your Land soil Tested. Based on the Soil Testing one Can advise. Kindly mail more details of your Land location, soil structure and also post the IMAGES if available.

MANNE>SN,

Thank you for the responses. Anybody knows soil testing services in Hyderabad other than ng ranga university in Rajendra nagar. Looking for any facilities in toopran or Hyderabad area.

As suggested by Manne, Please get your soil tested for ph, EC and Organic Carbon and as you intend to go for Organic farming it is important to buildup Organic carbon in the soil. There are several practices to build organic carbon which include using green manures, growing legumes, cover crops fully decomposed FYM, BD Compost and several other organic practices. For getting your soil tested you may get it tested at KN Bio sciences at IDA Bolarum, Miyapur. www.knbiosciences.in or call 040 2304 5338 or call me on 9849437812

[quote=Sahajafarms]
Anybody knows soil testing services in Hyderabad other than ng ranga university [/quote]

Check with the Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) close to you. Some KVKs provide soil testing services at nominal cost. One I know in North India does it for Rs.20/sample.