Budgetary cost to start organic farm

Hi Ashish,

Your farm development gives a great boost to starters like me. Today I am leaving to Kodai on search of buying farmland.
And on my way back might visit Mr. Namalwar’s farms (Organic Farming Legend) at Karur to seek his advise.

Dear all, can anyone here can help me with approx. budget to start Organic fruits/vegetable farm in 3 acres if possible with break ups,
also legalities and registrations if any? Which is best suited area for within 300kms around Chennai. Kindly share your thoughts, idea & support which would help me immensely as a beginner. I also look forward for your invitation to visit your organic farms & share your thoughts which will grow more confidence towards my mission.

Thanking you,
Ramesh Narayanamurthy.

Mod comment: Topic splitted to emphaises the subject.

To answer your question below inputs are needed:

Do you use drip or sprinkler or raingun?
Do you need farmhouse if yes. What is the area of the house?
Do you need solar fencing or barbed wire or chainlink fencing?
Do you need solar water pump? Do you need pump house?
Do you need cows? Cow barn?
Do you need vermi compost preparation tank?
Do you need biodigester tank?

Planting material: What are the crops you are going to plant?

Dear Sri 2012 Sir,

Thanks for sharing your valuable time for me. I am still a toddler in farming & have no background in this field, all I have is stubborn interest to do farming. This Farmnest community is a great prospect to me which bridges a link between veteran like you & me. I am very thankful for the complete team behind it.

Having said that I don’t know anything about it, with whatever little knowledge I have listed out my requirement;

Hard to find man power & hence will go in for drip irrigation (whichever suit fruit/vegetable crops)

Need very simple small single room with bath & a space for workers.

Chain link fence.

I heard free / subsidy electricity at TN, so not invest on solar which i assume expensive at this point.

Later would like to use solar energy.

Yes, need cows & barn. Minimal to start with.

Yes need a vermin compost tank.

Sorry, I don’t know about biodigesrter.

It is going to be fruits & vegetable with short time storage facility.

Once again thanks for concern & please share any other advices which would help me as a beginner.
Also do let me know will there be any trainnig on Oraganic Farming.

regards,
Ramesh Narayanamurthy.

Need very simple small single room with bath & a space for workers.
You can have a tiled house with 60K/sft. (10ftx10ft).(no floo tiles, all redoxide floring, no steel used, wooden rafters for roof tile)

Chain link fence.
75rs/running ft. (Stone pillar @150 rs and wire thickness22.8)

I heard free / subsidy electricity at TN, so not invest on solar which i assume expensive at this point.
I read an article on recent times it is almost impossible to avail subsidy.

Later would like to use solar energy.

Yes, need cows & barn. Minimal to start with.
80K for 12x15 ft cow barn.

Yes need a vermin compost tank.
30K for tank

Sorry, I don’t know about biodigesrter.
This is automated fertigation tank. You can fill all agri waste+dung+bio cultures in layers let it compost for a month or two, fill water and retain for 24hrs. filter water and feed thru drip to plants. No laboure required for menuring.

It is going to be fruits & vegetable with short time storage facility.
Fruit plants varies from 25rs to 75rs. Depending upon maturity of the plant. Timber plants like silver oak is 6rs.
Pit digging must cost you 25rs/pit with JCB and 15/pit with tractor mounted auger.

I did not mention about borewell in earlier post. It should cost you less than 70K for a depth of 300ft and a 5 hp motor.

Sri.Narayan Reddy has a gurukul. He offers training. There will be minimal theory training but mostly practical. You can find his contacts in thread “Farm trail”

If you want horticulture training you can check uhsbagalkot.edu.in/course_education.aspx
This is in Karnataka. similar courses will be there in TN also.