Boulders in borewell

I have a strange situation with my borewell. Total depth is 645 ft when installing submersible pump it hit boulders at 155 ft. With help from borewell truck company I cleared it. The next day when again I tried installing again at same 155 ft again hit Boulder. Used camera to check and found aquifer at that level. Borewell PVC casing is till 70 ft. Now I am not sure how to proceed. If someone came across this situation kindly suggest.

Thanks
Krishna

This is the exact situation I am in now.and we are in the same boat.

Residential apartment - leased for hostel.
bore depth=900 ft
boulder at 350 ft
Submersion bore motor was not working so tried to lift it up and got stuck with a boulder/obstruction stone at 350 ft so they cut the wire and pipe and took all the wire and pipe out but left the submersion bore motor at the bottom.

Bought a new submersion motor and immersed till 350 ft. This is a temporary solution. But I am thinking of buying a new bore motor which can be placed outside of the bore and send only pipe until the depth, just like the traditional way. Not sure if this works out, but looking for some advice.

Dear Mr Krishna,

Frequent jamming of borewell is indication of fast moving good source of water.

There is no point in cleaning the borewell.

Keep pump there and tap the water,

Rgds,
Basavaraj
Groundwater consultant
Bangalore

Thank you Mr Basavaraj for responding. I did as suggested but could pump only for 5 mins and water pressure reduced had to switch off the pump. Real source of water is at 645 ft.

Dear Mr. Krishna,

I have faced exactly same situation, I am from Maharashtra.
After digging Bore first water came at 160-170 Ft and then final source same at 410-420 Ft level so
I dig upto 450 and closed. However when tried to put pump it went only upto 160 Ft So I have to Flush it again and then put pump but again same problem. So finally used a camera and saw boulders
falling continuosly and therefore once again used Flushing and try to remove boulders at 160-170 Ft by pushing drill Bit at that level. After this tried to put pump and it went well. My Consultant suggested to use C Class Steel Pipes and also attach Metal Flanges to each pipe so that if any boulder falls it donot harm motor pump. However it seems water keeps changing in that area so even after so much work cannot get satisfactory water from it till date. Best thing is to avoid and abandon this if you can otherwise just incurring more and more expenses in this in hope to get water. If you want can call me on my Mob for any discussion. 98200 45707.

1 Like

Appreciate your response will call you.

Then clean once snd immediately insert casing pioes.

Rgds.

Try to connect to industrial bowel company.
Big machines big work
May be kelosker might have something.

Gaurav

Tricky situation but can be resolved by an experienced . Check this video
https://youtu.be/2vI0CCAMCXk
Alternate option - use a very mild explosive and blast it off

Water labels if 100-120 so 155feet enough.

vmt borewells 9500668844

Dear sir,
If problem in sumrcibal, u can add 20 ft pipe in addition,

Thanks
Pradeep Kumar