Borewell water tds 3000 need advice on TDS reduction & water softening

Hi,

We have a 7 acre farm in gujarat, Kutch district.
Growing pomegranates over there using drip irrigation from water through a borewell.
Our water TDS levels are very high & we need to know methods on reducing it to less than 1000.
The only option I could find on the internet is RO plant.
Is that an economical option?
If it pays off, then I am ready to take the step.
Has anyone in this community ever used an RO plant for farming?
What system did you use or any other methods are welcome.

Please help!

Regards,
Sameer Chandra
email: sam.madhusudan@gmail.com

With Magnetic Water Treatment technology , salinity could be reduced to permissible level by installing ā€˜cylindrical magnetā€™ (6,000 Frequency) at the delivery point in the bore well pipe costing about Rs 20-25 K

Thank you maitys for your reply.

Do you have any idea about how much TDS will the magnetic water treatment reduce?
Will it be able to bring it down significantly, like down to 1000-1300?
Are you using it in your farm?

Regards,
Sameer Chandra

1 Like

Iā€™m putting my opinion and evaluation about water and soil salinity , implementation is non-applicable in my part.

Soil salinity and soil pH , water salinity and pH and TSM are completely different factors in soil environment but influence one anther .

Saline and/or sodic soil is caused by four separate conditions:

1. High salt in the parent material and low rainfall (low leaching),
  2. High rainfall with poor internal drainage,
  3. High water table that carries salt to the soil surface, and
  4. High amount of salt being applied through chemicals, manure and poor quality irrigation water.
    Ions most commonly associated with soil salinity include the ā€œanionsā€ chloride (Cl-), sulphate (SO4=), carbonate (HCO3-), and sometimes nitrate (NO3-) and the ā€œcationsā€ sodium (Na+), calcium(Ca++), magnesium (Mg++), and sometimes potassium (K+).
    Salts of these ions occur in highly variable concentrations and proportions.

The problem with RO is, it needs a lot of water. It divides the input water in two parts, and forces the dissolved solids out from one part in to other. Thus, the output comprises two streams of water ā€“ a ā€œcleanā€ stream with low TDS and cleaned of other impurities too. And a ā€œrejectā€ stream that is even more dirty than the input water. Typically, an input of 3 liters will give 1 liter of clean water and 2 liters of ā€œreject

Magnetically-treated water (MTW) is not a new technology ,has been used for many years in abroad and has shown promise in leaching some ions from soil . Magnetised Water applied to salty soil breaks down the salt crystals twice as fast as un-magnetised water allowing the salt to be leached from the soil .
Other traditional and old alternative method is SLOW SAND FILTER method to reduce TSM

2 Likes

Helloā€¦Mr Sameerchandra ā€¦Has you get any solution for high tdsā€¦I facing same problemā€¦please give answer ā€¦thanks