Bighaat Online Portal Review

Bighaat Online Portal Review
range 4.0 1 support 3.0 1 price 4.0 1 overall 4.0 1

Bighaat - a decent experience.

I have been a regular buyer of agri inputs from bighaat.com for several years now. I primarily shop for crop seeds and sometimes for bioproducts.

What is nice:

1. Decent range of seeds, inputs and tools. Their site shows partnership with a bunch of good companies
  2. A solid, professional support team, mostly agriculture graduates, who are available to answer queries. A missed call often gets an immediate callback
  3. Reasonable level communication and transparency on order status
  4. Website and app work okay
  5. Discounts and offers put seed prices on par with offline channels, if not better
  6. Professional and accessible management team

What can improve:

1. Site can be more intuitive, It is not too easy to select a specific crop’s seeds without a lot of unrelated search results, for example. App seems okay but I prefer not to install many apps
  2. Product availability status was often inaccurate earlier but seems to have improved of late. This has a knock down effect that one tends to order by COD, and needs to coordinate with courier and pay for each shipment separately when it arrives - quite inconvenient - it is easier to go buy in a physical shop instead
  3. Sometimes, products with just a month or two’s validity are shipped and results in lot of back and forth
  4. Not all products are available - e.,g, snakegourd, yellow cucumber are hard to come by. Bulk seeds such as wheat, chana, cowpea, groundnut are not made available

Conclusion

Bighaat works well to support farmer needs with convenience and seems to be improving quickly, while product quality and communication need to get better.
(Don’t forget we have some Bighaat support team members on the forum to assist if needed).

You can post your own review and rating by replying to this topic

Just received products on my latest order, with some more products to come, nice!

Elaborating issues mentioned above:
I had specifically requested products with minimum validity of 4 months and got confirmation to the same effect, but here is one with 2 month validity. There are some that are on offer due to short expiry period - that is understood and accepted by the customer before purchase but not this. Bighaat needs to tighten on this aspect.

A load of messages on email, sms and whatsapp for an order confound tracking and waste time. I counted 12 emails, 5 sms, 2 whatsapp messages for this part order so far, with more to come for confirmations and the rest of products.
I would just like one for order confirmation and one per shipment for out for delivery.

Another order needs another conversation on expiry dates of the seeds. This is a consistent issue that needs addressed.

How is Bighaat? Can we trust it? Are the products genuine? Pls share your experiences

This is purely my personal opinion

Recently I ordered UPL SAAF Planofix(or some other item. Don’t exactly remember)

My experience has been so smooth. I am a Telugu guy staying in Bangalore. The lady from BigHaat that I interacted by very cordial and professional. Communication wise it is pretty clear and crisp. They try to speak in a language that you are comfortable with.

Along with above items I also enquired them for Sandovit. Unfortunately they did not have it and they suggested me some other options (which I rejected anyways)

Best thing is CoD is available and the order is immediately procured and was delivered to my home address.
The team is very responsible and responsive
They keep sending updates on WhatsApp and SMS. One down side is Their support is only available till evening 5 clock.

The only problem I faced is they chose Delhivery a their courier partner. Delhivery is just pathetic. They literally took 8 days to delivery one package. The other package was ontime however. All this while BigHaat was following it up with them nd helped in whatever they could do.

I think they are from JP Nagar, Bangalore

Overall I personally had very pleasant d easy experience and I would recommend others to give it shot.

Please remember I only only the items that I mentioned and I don’t have any experience with them in buying seeds or other stuff.

THIS IS NOT A PROMOTION OF BIGHAAT. JUST MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM.

Hope this helps

1 Like