Bhut Jolakia Chilli ( spiciest chilli in the World )

Dear All my Farmer friends

If anybody wants to start cultivating a new variety of Chilli, This the one which you can trust as it has an export demand, Cultivation is easy depending on climate to the climate in various states. I am sending the cultivation method to follow

BHOOT ZOLAKIA CULTIVATION

LAND PREPARATION :

• plowing: The field should be prepared well with plowing and harrowing. Cross plowing is advocated to avoid the possibility of remaining unploughed strip.
  • Rotovation : The field should be rotovated in order to obtain a fine tilth and adequate incorporation of applied FYM.
  • Bed Preparation: Raised bed (15 cm) of 2.25 m width and convenient length may be prepared to keep 40 cm wide inter-bed channels. The provision at definite intervals should be kept to facilitate the placement of irrigation pipes.

AGRONOMIC PRACTICES:

Seed Requirement 50-75 g per ha.

Seed sowing :

• Prepare the nursery bed in a well-drained sunny area measuring 5 m (l) X 1.25 m (w) X 15 cm (h).
  • Generally, 3-4 g of seeds should be sown per 10 m2 area.
  • A net area of 2000 m2 is required to plant 1 ha.
  • Apply 20 kg sand or silt and 20 kg well decomposed sieved cattle manure or compost per 10 m2 area and mix thoroughly.
  • Drench the bed with 0.1% Captaf @ 3 lit per m2 so as to saturate the soil up to 15 cm depth.
  • Keep the bed covered for 2 days.
  • Uncover the bed and keep it as such for 1 more day.
  • Apply Furadon 3G @ 3 g per m2 and mix thoroughly.
  • Sow the pre-germinated seeds thinly with great care in U-shaped furrow spaced at 2.5 cm.
  • Depth of swing should be 1-2 cm.
  • Cover the seeds with a thin layer of the treated mixture of sand and sieved cattle manure. The surface should be leveled and firmed.
  • Water the bed lightly using water can.
  • Place an overhead insect-proof net (40 mesh) structure.
  • Keep another transparent polyethylene sheet ready for placing on the overhead structure to serve as a rain-shelter at necessity.
  • Regularly inspect for the occurrence of any insect-pest or disease.
  • Allow maximum sunlight to the growing seedlings.
  • The seedlings get ready for transplanting in 30-35 days after sowing when they attain 10-15 cm height.
  • Harden the seedlings before lifting by gradual reduction of water for about a week.
  • Copiously water the bed 6 h prior to lifting for minimizing root damage during removal of seedling and maintaining plant turgidity.

Transplanting of Seedlings :

• Seedlings of 30-35 days of age are suitable for transplanting. This operation should preferably be carried out in the afternoon if the sunshine is too intense.
  • Each bed can accommodate 3 rows of seedlings.

Spacing:

­ P-P 100 cm, ­ R-R 100 cm

Manure, Fertilizers & Chemicals:

• FYM: 20 t per ha. To be applied at final land preparation and mixed well through rotovation.
  • ­NPK: 120-60-60 kg per ha. Half of the nitrogen and full doses of phosphorus and potash should be applied as basal and the remaining half of nitrogen to be top dressed in 2 splits at 30 and 60 days after transplanting.
  • ­Others (Micronutrients, Plant growth regulators, etc.): Foliar application of Multiplex 0.2% should be done during the active growth stage.­ Application of growth promoters like Tricontanol (Vipul) is also recommended for
  • boosting up growth and yield.

­Application of 2,4-D at 2 ppm at fortnightly intervals I irrigation: Bhut jolokia needs adequate moisture for growth and development. Plants are irrigated at 70-75% field capacity. The sprinkler irrigation system can suitably be used. The use of a drip system results in better water use efficiency with 30% water saving and promotes crop growth and fruit yield.

HARVESTING:

• Size Fruits should be large, 4-5 cm in length.
  • Expected Yield 150 q (fresh) and 20 q (dry) per ha depending upon location, growing, and management practices.
  • Harvesting of winter planted (Nov) crop commences from next April/May and continues till July/Aug in the plains. Harvesting of summer planted (May) crop commences from Sept/Oct and continues till Dec/Jan in the hills. Fruits should be hand-picked with the stalk intact.

Colour, Condition, Appearance: Fruits should be attractively red and free from any disease spot or mechanical injuries

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this good information,!!! Can u please suggest me buyer for bhut jolokia abroad,???

Can you provide some seeds for my Roof Garden Cultivation

Hello
As far as export is concern you can export to KOREA , South America , where spicy cuisine is served ,
Even in local market it can be sold to MASALA maker ( powder of bhut jolakia is mixed with normal chili powder to make is little spicier than normal taste )
both chili pod and powder is sold
You may have aoption to reduce its scoville scaleby adding Dextrim powder

You may contact me on — 9754052961 ( call OR WA )

1 Like

Hi,.
Very interesting information…

Dear Mr Kumar,

This all about your very informative write up about
Bhut Jolakia Chilli.

I am based in Sri Lanka and a promotor of organic cultivation, I this if you can help me to have a few
ounces of seeds for germination I shall be thankful.

Cosat of sees and posal charges will be sent upfront.

Regards
Naheer Taip
Organic Farming Systems
Sri Lanka
e mail organic_[lannet@yahoo.com
Phone Modil 0771502399 (add country code)

Thank you Very Much sir for YOUR INNOVATION in bringing out a mind blowing crop of Chills. Can you Provide 100 Seeds for my Roof Garden. In this Regard , I have already Contacted you for my Requirement Sir !
Satyanarayana. Manne,
for Vasudha Green,
9133498366 /7416446789

Hi,
Good post I saw but where can we get seeds? 1kg of raw chilly how much will be?
Because I heard from some people’s in FB …is it weiable in market?
If u know plz share me.
Tku
Prasad
Watsap