Hi Farming community,
The more the educated are getting into the farming arena. the farming communites are moving out of this space, making it difficult to get the labourers. With our government’s policies they are okay to sit ideal than work at any of our farms. I have almost come to a point where I dont want to depend on any others than myself. I am just trying to understand what all automations we can incorporate in our farms to be independent of the labourers. some of the things that come to my mind are :-
- Have an auto pump controller. which would start the pump once the 3 phase power is provided.
- Have a sensor and based on the crop and the setting it should automatically turn on the valve to the area that needs water
- Have some sort of spraying mechanism that would do spraying to a larger area and can be handled by a single person or yourself.
- Have a mini tiller, auger for all your mundane tasks
- Have some sort of security camera to have an eye on the farm.
- The best part is to move towards the Natural farming route, thereby the farm takes care of itself and becomes self sufficient.
I know all these require money. but In the long run it works out economical. At the end of the day you are the boss of your destiny and not dependent on any other. put in your ideas, we can consolidate all these and create some sort of best practice for all our fellow educated farming communites.