Banana farmers network , bangalore, karnataka

OK, here are the first few banana plants that have started flowering - exactly 7 months after planting. Though the normal practice is to do the planting when the saplings are 3 months old, we had to do it when they were hardly 2 months since the tissue culture company delayed sending us the plants which were 3 months and we were running against time. Even with those challenges and power problems for two months, we are able to do this ahead of the normal flowering that typically starts in 8th or 9th month. I expect 50 percent of my plants to flower by end of May (If it rains a few times between now and end of May, it might be more). Thanks to Biofarms for the splendid support that has been given to me.

Regards,
Siddramesh Nara (9742201385)

Hi Narasav,

That good news, Congrats man, now the question is to make those bunches weigh in excess of 70KGs as showcased in Krishi Mela by some pvt labs,

By the way can you tell us which company gave you the TC plants. What was the cost / plant.

So with this you are on your way to become a “Banana Guru” for all of us.

You can go thru a dedicated banana link, www.banana.org Nice stuff there.

Regards

Murali

Yeah, trying to reach at least to 50Kgs. Let us see what happens. Got plants from New Grace Biotech near Hosur. I am not recommending them yet till I see the results myself. Have seen their plots before buying. But want to confirm myself. So far, seems to be OK.

Regards,
Siddramesh Nara

Hello Biofarms,

Do you have Tissue culture elakki bana plants? If yes, can you please share details (cost, method of planting, maintenance, production etc).

Thanks.

DEAR CHANDRA SIR,

PLSE SEE THE OUTCOME OF BANANA NETWORK -KARNATAKA. AND EVALUATE THE INFLUENCE OF “FARMNEST” TO NEW COMERS IN COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE. THANK TO GOD. I AM BUSY WITH THE IMPLEMENTATION OF :HIGH TECH AGRICULTURE IN kERALA: BIOFARMS - ALWAYS READY TO ASSIST THOSE WHO LOVE AGRICULTURE, NOT LIKE TO INVOLVE IN UNWANTED DISCUSSIONS WITH NO MEANING.
THANK YOU
BIOFARMS

DEAR FRIEND,

PLSE READ THE DETAILS OF BIOFARMS. ANY TYPE OF TISSUE CULTURE BANANA SAPLINGS CAN BE PRODUCED, IF YOU MAKE AN ORDER OF 50,000 PLANTS WE CAN MULTIPLY AS PER YOUR
INTEREST. iF YES I WILL CONNECT WITH LABS IN KERALA.
THANK YOU
GOOD LUCK

Hi Siddramesh ,
thanks you very much for providing picks and awareness on banana network.
I have few questions :
I am planning for banana in northern maharahtra ( G9 tissues by Jain irrigation which is near to our land ).
Do let me know what are the benefits of technology by biofarms and how its different .
Do let me know if I could call on your cell no you have provided and your preferred time and day .

Thanks in advance.
Prashant

Please go - Jain irrigation is a good company. They are a bit expensive, but you will be free of headacahe. As far as Biofarms technology is concerned, it is not just one set of things. There are many things that they have helped us - good growth, building resistance to pests, insects etc. Timely advice is a big thing. They are very knowledgeable and use very good farming techniques. All these cannot be just put on a mail - it is ongoing process. Please feel free to call me. If I am busy, I will let you know the right time.

Regards,
Siddramesh Nara - 09742201385

Hi Siddramesh,
thanks for the info, will definitely call you .

Best regards,
Prashant

Hi Siddaramesh,
Have you missed anything/ inter crops along with Banana to control weeds? or are you happy with single crop?
How is water supply with drip?
What is the status after getting rainfall in the recent past?

Hi Swamy,

We had cultivated french beans as intercrop. We took whatever we can and left it as mulching later to build biomass. That controlled the weeds initially. Also, we did hand deweeding also. I have bought another eight acres nearby and I have some plans for it with Pomegranate, Papaya etc. Water supply with drip is OK - but could have been better if I had used inline drip instead of online - that is a learning for me. I will take care of that in my new eight acre farm. We have not had very good rains except for once this year. If we get a few more rains, my flowering will be 50% at least. We have received some rains today :slight_smile:.

Regards,
Siddramesh Nara

Hi Siddramesh,

Can you explain why inline drip is better than online. You mean the online are the ones with drippers with different colours or with a micro tube ?.

Where is your farm ? How much jain drip costs per acre for banana, ie 6X6 or 5X6.

Regards

Murali

Inline ones are better because they discharge water at a constant volume from one end to the other. If the capacity is 4lph, then all the drippers will discharge 4 lph. In case of online, the volume of water discharged changes based on the distance from the mainline. Another thing is, if we want to adopt fertigation, inline is much more efficient and effective. Also, inline keeps the land more wet since it acts like rain spreading on a larger area. My land is in Hiriyur. I did not go for Jain for various reasons. The cost was about 25K/acre.

Hi,

Thanks for the input.

You mean inline will make the water spray ?? Like microsprinklers ?. How about using micro sprinklers if you are also doing some inter cropping banana with some vegetables. Does it require more head pressure ?

What about the drippers, the colored ones, are they effective ?

Regards

Murali

With online drip, you will need a microtube or some other mechanism to provide water to plants. It tends to be more localized rather than spreading. It will be like spraying water with a tap/pipe. Even if there are buttons/drippers, it will give out water drop by drop. Some sprayers are useful for flowers and dense bushy plants. For bananas in particular, I felt inline is the best option.

I am sure micro splinklers are also effective. My personal opinion is that they are better than microtubes fitted to online ones as it gives spraying effect and makes larger area wet there by keeping the temperature around the plant cooler. But it might require higher pressure and might lead to more weeds if you are not doing intercropping. We need to evaluate each situation and take a call.

Dear Siddramesh,

Good information regarding Banana cultivation from you.

I am planning to cultivate G9 banana next month in our farm. It would be helpful for newbie like me, if you provide some tips.

I will also try to post step by step information of banana cultivation at my farm.

Regards,
Manjunatha
manjunathahms@yahoo.com

Dear Manjunatha,

Please feel free to call me on my cell 09742201385. I will pass on what all I know.

Regards,
Siddramesh Nara

Hi?
Siddaramesh,
Pls see the attached photo in which their are 34 fingers (Bananas) in a hand(one portion/layer in bunch) That is record.
Can you check how many fingers are getting in your banana plants bunches?
Pls check how to increase the number of fingers to increase yield.

Hi Swamy,

This is amazing. Average fingers in farm range from 25 to 14 as we go down the bunch. Anything that can be done to increase the number of fingers and their size will be highly appreciated. Do you have any info or any contacts?

Regards,
Siddramesh - 9742201385

Hi?
There are few methods through which all crops can be provided sufficient growth promoters for plant body.
See the photo injecting nutrients to banana stem.

However you can check with Horticulture officer who is your friend and then you can do the needful and let us know good results from you.