Banana bulb planting precautions - organic pest management

Hello All,
Im planning my first time banana cultivation. My neighboring farmer has offered me 2000 banana bulbs. But he warns me that before planting these, I have to treat them with “banana bulb powder” to make them disease resistant. Im not yest sure what this powder is. He told me if I dont use the powder the plants will get diseased when they grow up.

I want to plant these in an organic way in my farm.
could some experts suggest me if there is some organic way with which I could treat the banana bulbs before or during planting so that they could be disease resistant.

The type of banana is “elakki” (in kannada) and not a TC one.

Thank you.

Dear sir,

If you wants to grow these yalakki banana, in organic method,

Prepare either 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft pits and/or 1.5 ft wide x 1.5 depth trenches in your land. ,Add required FYM, neem cake, vermicompost to the soil and mix it. While planting, put 5 gms of Trichoderma Viride, Psuedomonas, paceilomysis, Phosporous soluble bacteria and humic acid granuels each, mix them and water them.

One day before of plantation, Prepare a solution of 200 ltrs water mixed with 600 gms of copper oxi chloride ( COC ) + 400 ml of Triple CI of Phalada Agro company, which will be available in all leading pesticides ( organic ) shops, and soak these said banana bulbs for 60 mts. Then plant them in the said pits/trenches.

This can take care of the diseases and insects or their cyst, if any in the bulbs and also keep them disease less to the extent possible during crop.

with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Dear Rao Sir,
Thank you so much.

G P Rao Sir,
I always see these(Trichoderma and similar) chemicals to be added before planting,dont we have any sure shot organic pest resistant that we can add ? In homeopathy they say if the seeds are dipped in silecea 6 or 6x solution 4pills or drops added to 1 lit and well dissolved.This soln can be mixed with 20lits of water if you want more soln for beejsanskar,the plant will be disease free and will bear optimum fruits that what homeopathy says.I am not in position to do te experiment and tell with confidence but I have full confidence in homeopathy and this said by a well experienced homeopath, research minded farmers can do it with very few seeds of different varieties and see for themselves.What ever the results , can be put here for forum farm members.The cost of medicine for 1 & 20 lits will be ONE RS only .I think no harm in experimenting.

Dear Sri Bapu4,

sure sir. Trials are always to be practiced. In future, when required, i will do it, as suggested by you ,and inform the result.

with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Hi,Rao Sir,
I understand from lectures of Shri Subhsh Palkar that the worms in vermicompost are not helpful for farmers these worms love dung only so they dont work to make the soil porus and they go away in search of dung once it is over at that site,he also explained the difference between our regular earthworm and vermi worm it has different name in zoology than earthworm,then secondly the vermicompost cantains many heavy metals such as Lead,Arsenic etc so in totality it should not be used at all.Your study on this please?

Dear Sri Bapu4,

Certain sayings are in the usage. They may be correct or may not be correct. Facts can be proved/confirmed by the Research , if done by the Authorities , here in the subject matter , Agri/Horti universities/Institutions.

Here to state the facts, TNAU, Periyakulam, Tamilnadu state, doing experiments on Panchagavya , from several years. They found the following, if panchagavya is applying regularly.

1. Working so nice on Mango crop, acid lime crop, Jasmine crop, Guava crop etc .
    If panchagavya is regularly supplied to Mango plants , Results proving that Mango plants are giving good and regular yields, instead of alternate years. Great achievements with panchagavya feeding.
  2. Guava plants are giving 25% to 30% more yield, with regular panchagavya applying.
  3. Acid lime plants are producing flowers and fruits all the 12 months instead of 9 months, if panchagavya is applied.
  4. Jasmine plants are producing flowers through out the year, if panchagavya is applied.
    It is a fact that Panchagavya is in our Vedas and followed by our farmers from centuries.The above facts came to us and we can trust, as research is done by TNAU, Peryakulam, govt of Tamilnadu, an authority in Agri/Horti university.

Like the same, jeevamrutha , recommended by Sri subhas palekar. He said to prepare it in 2 days process , and informed the farmers to use it on 3rd day.

For the above Jeevamrutha, another university, UAS/Gkvk, researchers did research on Jeevamrutha and their results showing that the Jeevamrutha is good and giving good results between 8 to 10 days after preparation, but up to 8 days no good results are proven. As farmers, we have to take a decision yo use Jeevamrutha at 3rd day, as advised by Sri subhas palekar or as per the said research recommendation or between 8 to 10 days, as recommended by Sri Subhas Palekar.

As regards to vermicompost, no authentically research is done, up to my knowledge on vermicompost , but all Agri/Horti universities/Institutes are advising to use Vermicompost for plantations. No research work information on , not to use vermicompost as it consists of poisonous metals are existing.

With best wishes, g.p.Rao, farmer