Avocado Hass variety

Any nursery supplies Avocado Hass variety. It should be a true type with a known mother plant source.

Thanks.

Hi…
I was searching them as well and found the grafted variety @ athmanilayam nursery kerala.
I have planted them in 2016. This yr 4 plants have started yielding…

Pic taken in March. .

1 Like

It grows only in hilly weather ?

Hi…
Thanks a lot.
Is it true type? In south many nurseries are selecting Hass type grown from seed, and later grafting and selling it.
I will check with the nursery.

Do you have the photo of matured fruit and ripened fruit?

Appreciate you for the reply.

Ravi

There are many varieties, but this particular variety Hass grows between 20-30 degree temp. Not under hot.

Hi Ravi,
This is the first crop i have received… I need to go tot the farm and pick them up…
Will send you some photos once i get them…
How did you decide in on HASS? Any previous experience?

Regards,
Sundeep

| raviedu
July 11 |

• | - |

Hi…
Thanks a lot.
Is it true type? In south many nurseries are selecting Hass type grown from seed, and later grafting and selling it.
I will check with the nursery.

Do you have the photo of matured fruit and ripened fruit?

Appreciate you for the reply.

Ravi

Dear Sundeep,

I appreciate your reply.

I am looking for Avocado farming, and having land at 1200 MSL which good for Hass.

Local varieties are thin skinned and not last for long. Hass can be stored for one or two weeks, and it is for premium market. So I planned to go for Hass, if not preform,then will graft with local varieties.

So for no direct experience. But there is a demand for Hass in metros esp with foreign tourists.

Thanks.

Dear kadanur
Now what is market price in India per kg.

Hello sir… This is not Hass variety, Hass has pebble skin and it also turn black when ripened . I am attaching the photo of Hass variety below.

Did you get the Hass variety? If not, we can get in touch, I can help you out in getting true Hass variety.

I would give my background

My name is Jayveer, I run a company called My Avocado Guy, we distribute avocados all over India.

We are also now encouraging farmers in India to grow Avocados in order to export and domestic consumption.

I am having 7 acres land , where I currently cultivate sugar cane. Can I grow avacado here. I am fro Maharashtra sangli area and climate here is good with lots of water supply

Can you get the detail of avacado yield timing period

Few varieties like Pinkerton, Reed can perform at your place. Sangli is still little too hot for Hass avocados

Also, you can try other local selection and find out which variety is performing at your area.

Hass grows well where temperature is upto 32°C

It takes 3 years to mature after that commercial yield starts… 50kgs per tree and gradually can increase.

1 Like

Hi

If we want to grow commercially weigh soil is suitable

Regards

Arun

Soil should be well drained
Avocados can be grown on variety of soils

pH near to 7
Ec<1

Trying to plant some 3 acres with Avocados. Where would I get reliable Hass variety plants? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Call this number
Nagu

Call this number 8431273967

I require haas variety for cultivation. Please call me at 9944138739.