I have come here today to seek some proper guidance regarding the establishment of Sheep/Goat farm. I have an unfinished Sheep Farm near Bangalore, Karnataka. I have personally visited some farms, spoke to few people but was not quite satisfied with what I saw or heard. As I have completed my studies from U.S.A and moved back to India only a few years ago, I lack proper exposure to Sheep/Goat Business. So I kindly request all those experts in this field of business to please help me out to complete my Sheep Project.
If someone could help me out in clearing a few doubts of mine, I would really appreciate that.
-I have completed the construction of Sheds.
-I have constructed 3 Sheds (50ft x 30ft each)
-Silage pits have been dug.
- What are the legal requirements for this business?
- Insurance needed? if so, who provides and the cost details.
- Intensive or Semi Intensive farming? (land limited)
- Can only Lamb Fattening be a viable business option without breeding?
- How is the breed Bannur? (Only meat purpose, Bangalore market)
- Any other reliable good breeds for meat purpose? (Bangalore market)
- Is Bannur suitable for Intensive Farming?
- Nutrition requirements of Bannur?
- How much Feed/Maize/Lucerne requirement per day/per sheep?
- Apart from Maize and Lucerne what else could be fed to sheeps?
- How to make pens?
- How many sheeps in one pen?
- Are pens really required in Lamb Fattening?
- How much maize could be harvested from one Acre?
- Fresh cut grass required or just silage will do?
- How many acres of maize/lucerne needed for 500 Bannur sheeps?
If someone could take the pains of answering to these above questions, I would be really thankful to them! Patiently waiting.