2 no's of 5 hp solar water pumping solution - Video & Details

Dear All,

We have successfully undertaken and completed 2 no’s of 5hp submersible water pumping solution for one of our clients based @ Chennai.

Details:

1. 5hp pump installed at 210 feet, distance between pump and solar system 400 meters

2. 5hp pump installed at 210 feet, distance between pump and solar system 300 meters

This has been by far the complex and challenging project that we have undertaken, for reason that the distance was exceeding 500 meters. We have used multiple technologies to reduce the harmonic distortion on the output side for better performance.

The short video upload of the project is below;

youtu.be/zxU8Df_K-Ps

Thank you,

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO
Greencurrent Solar Energy Systems

Good one.

Dear Saravankumar, does that mean the solid state power controller you provide can drive a cable length up to 500 meters without harmonics? How much is this distance for lower HP, say 1HP or 2HP motor?

Mahesha

Dear Mahesa,

Yes, our controller can drive o/p exceeding 500m at reduced harmonic’s close to nil if not zero, but assuring a highly superior performance characteristics.

Any motor, i.e between 1hp and 25hp 3phase, can be connected with our controller and electronics for harmonic reduction can be designed based on actual distance on case 2 case basis. The sizing of harmonic reduction circuitry is based on the actual cable running distance between the pump and the drive, rated current and power of the pump & rated voltage of the pump.

In the above video, as you could have noticed, the solar panels and solar drive are kept in the middle of the field. Two pumps are located in borewells dug up at a distance of 400 & 300m at a depth of 210ft. We had to use the combined electronics of DC chokes on the input side and 3ph line reactors on the output side for the desired performance.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

I am a farmer of Mayurbhanj dist (Odisha).
Please send me the specification as well the price for the pumps in my mail id: siddharthaskar@yahoo.co.in.

Dear Saravana,

In the set up, are both pumps being powered simultaneously? What is the combined daily discharge that they are able to achieve using both the pumps?

Jai Hind
Raj

Dear Victorkar,

We have sent you an email.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

Dear Raj,

You are correct. Two setups run at the same time. The combined discharge observed was between avg 7000LPH to 20000LPH based on amount of irradiance.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

Dear Saravana,

Given the significant installed panel capacity in this set up, what additional output could this system generate if this was equipped with 3 times manual tracking?

Raj

Dear Raj,

Manual tracking would have substantially increased the output by apprx 15 to 20%. But again it varies location to location, depends on what betterment do we achieve on the irradiance levels etc, which can be ascertained only in a live environment.Unfortunately for us the customer was content with the output, that he didnt show keenness for having a tracker.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

Thanks Saravana. It is in line with what I was expecting. Given the hopefully minimalistic cost difference or same price between manual tracking and fixed set up, the ROI is great.

Your client could have either reduced his capex quite a bit or as you said could have got much more performance from his system.
Just curious, do client generally ask about tracking and other ways to get a better output or value for their investment?

Jai Hind
Raj

Dear Raj,

Not really. I have rarely come across clients who were willing to discuss about tracking and other performance enhancement techniques. My observation as to why is;

As we mostly deal in retrofit models, our clients already have pump sets erected and 99.99% these pumpsets are oversized.

Generally it is common among pump dealers to recommend oversized pumps, as they keep in mind about number of available power hrs in that locality, minimalistic price difference , reduced water bed levels for future reference’s etc. These are just a common few but there’s more to it.

A client had a 10hp pump erected where a 5hp would have done the job for him.And the list goes on.

So when the pumps are already been oversized it evades the opportunity for the customer to think in terms of improving performance.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

We have now commercially launched solar pump controllers for single phase pumps as well that operate without any requirement of batteries.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

Dear Saravankumar,

I have not received your mail.
Could you please send this again at: siddharthaskar@yahoo.co.in

Regards,
Siddhartha.

Dear Victorkar,

Please let us know what is the capacity of your pump in Hp and we shall forward the techno commercial details once again specific to your requirement.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

Please send quotation for: 10 m3/hr@ 3 bar pressure.

Regards,
Siddhartha.

Dear Siddhartha,

Thank you for the detail.

Along with this we would also require the following info to size the solution;

A)What is your total bore depth?
B)What is your water level?
C)What is your bore dia?
D)What is your overall head?
E)What is your end application, is it direct pumping of water or pumping to a tank?
F)Where is the location?
G)What is the bore yield?

OR

If you already have a pump in place, what is the capacity in hp?

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

Good to hear sir,

I’m looking for installing two solar pump sets in my farm land. The water level is not so good and would like to utilise the maximum output with these…

Appreciate if you can help me to provide more details on cost of the same, availability and subsidies if any for farmers?

Pls share more details or give me your contact details so that I can contact

Surendar reddy
@9676775401

awesome technology! and the need for future.
sadly i couldnt see the product demo video as i am having infrastructure problems with my internet connection.

i am very interested in solar powered products for farming needs.
i have a few questions-

1. does the system need some sort of storage device?
  2. can it power 3 phase motors ranging from (3hp to 7hp)
  3. can it be used to rotate axles which are currently run on motors ranging from 3hp tp 7 hp?
  4. do the products need regular maintenance/servicing ?
  5. average cost including installation for the above mentioned requirements.
  6. can your products/services be customised ?
  7. any aid from government to the end-user ?

i had done a bit of research initially, but all that i could get was only the storage device/batteries would cost me about 2 lakhs a year. There is some miss understanding on my part it seems.

a lot of my queries might have been addressed to in your video, which i will watch once my connection picks up speed.

Vivek

Dear Mr.Surendar Reddy,

Thank you for the post.

Of course you can harness sun energy and utilize the maximum.

We shall defintely assist you for any of your requirements.

To offer you a techno-commerical quote we would also require the following info to size the solution;

A)What is your total bore depth?
B)What is your water level?
C)What is your bore dia?
D)What is your overall head?
E)What is your end application, is it flood irrigation or drip or sprinkler or pumping to a intermediate tank?
F)Where is the location?
G)What is the bore yield?

OR

If you already have a pump in place, what is the rated voltage,current, RPM & capacity in hp?

I have noted your contact no, shall call you for a brief discussion tomorrow or you can reach me directly @ 9566600477 | www.greencurrent.in for details.

Looking forward to talking with you.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO

Dear Mr.Vivek,

Thank you for the post.

Its unfortunate that you are as of now unable to view the video because of bandwidth issues.

We have sucessfully completed two fresh projects;

One) near Hosur, where we have put up solar water pumping solution that can run upto 2 no’s of 7.5Hp borewell submersible pumps & 2 no’s of 7.5Hp openwell submersible pumps either simultaneously or as stand alone. As of now, we are successfully running one 4Hp Submersible pump & one 3hp openwell pump, but scalable uptill 7.5Hp capacity

Details;

Borewell pump - 4hp erected @ depth 146m, total bore depth 168m
Distance between solar panels & borewell - 300m

Openwell pump - 3hp @ depth 8m
Distance between solar panels & openwell - 280m

Two) near Bellary, where we have put up solar water pumping solution that is proposed to run a 5Hp borewell pump.

Details:

Total bore depth 80m
Distance between solar panels & borewell - 900m

Awaiting client approval for video share,shall upload the links at the very earliest.Hope you get to view them as well.

Coming to your clarifications, please find my response marked in red inline with your queries;

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO