10 Acre land near Nellore of Andhra Pradesh - what to farm?

I have 10 Acre land located about 70 KM from Nellore city of Andhra Pradesh. And coming to the climatic conditions, the Maximum temperatures are 36-46c and the Minimum goes to 23-25c. There would be a slight to moderate slow fall between December and February during nights. Availability of ground water is adequate throughout the year.

Through this forum, I request you to please suggest what kind of farming can be done in the above said farm.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pradeep.

Why donot you go in for the time tested Eucalyptus farming in Nellore district.
This year eucalyptus pulpwood is fetching Rs. 6500 per metric tonne which is almost twice the rate of previous year.
Siva Sankara Reddy.

Not a good idea to go for Eucalyptus and this is known to reduce the water very quickly. Better to go for other alternatives.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
agricultureforeverybody.blogspot.com

+1. Few states it is already banned.

Scientific research findings may be provided to substantiate the statement eucalyptus is known to reduce water very quickly. It will be a good education to all of us. To my knowledge there is no such finding. It is just a misconceived perception. I suggest a reading of the telugu book “Neelapanindala Nilagiri” authored by late Dr. AVRG Krishna Murthy.
Siva Sankara Reddy.

It would be good to name the states where ecualyptus planting is banned. We can get confirmation from the respective state Governments. To my knowledge no state has banned planting of eucalyptus.
Siva Sankara Reddy

Karnataka and Maharashtra.

The ban is only on Govt Forest Lands. You can plant on private lands.

There is no ban on planting eucalyptus in Government Forest Lands.
Ofcourse foresters judiciously avoid planting ecualyptus in high rainfall, rich forest soils where other better species can be planted.
Ecalyptus is normally preferred in low rainfall areas with refractory soils, where other species normally do not grow well.
Siva Sankara Reddy.

May be this will help
deccanherald.com/content/116 … ation.html
zeenews.india.com/news/karnataka … 94703.html

I am B R Reddy MSc (Agri) of Biofarms from kavali. Pl provide ur exact location then only we can suggest.

B R Reddy Mail: brreddy68@gmail.com
Kavali