I am working for a MNC in Bangalore. I have an asset worth rupees 1 crore in Bangalore. Planning to sell and return back home in Kerala/Tamilnadu border(On the way to Trivandrum from Kanyakumari). The main reason is doing something different from corporate world and reduce little stress but willing to work. This is the only asset I have and back home I have a small house to live. I am not withdrawing my PF.I still keep for my rainy days. My existing cash savings can lost for an year to run my family.
Now I have two choices from the sale proceedings (1 crore).
I can invest in bonds, Deposits and get annualised return of 12% to 16%. It is not totally risk free there is a small amount of risk. Much better than stock market risks.
I can buy agriculture land in Tamilnadu (I prefer Tamilnadu because I can visit home at least once in a month).
- I spoke to my relatives who has 10 Acres of coconut trees and he said he earns profit of approx. rupees 4 lakhs in a year (After expenses)from coconut farm and advised me not to depend on Agriculture farm to make living.
1) What you suggest? What will you do if you are in my situation? Please advise.
2) If I have to buy farm land, where I should buy in Tamilnadu? What type of land I should look? What will be the estimated cost?
3) How do I distribute my money in farming? what % I should invest in land, what % for infra structure development and running farm etc.
4) What corps I should grow? Animal farm? Organic farm? Integrated farm? flowers? Fruits? Greenhouse/Poly house farmig?
5) What return I should estimate per year?
6) Any Export opportunities? How to find?
Please share your experience and thoughts. It will help not only me and many forum members who are planning to invest Significant portion of their assets.
Thank you all in advance for your help.