Zero budget farming for paddy

I am looking for simple steps to use for paddy cultivation using Shri Subash palekar’s Zero budget forming (ZBF). Lot of the focus of ZBF seems to be on orchards and vegetable cultivation. For example the instructions could state how many time jeevamruth should be given during the crop cycle ,whether it should be sprayed on the soil or the crop. Which of the pest control sprays (agniastra,neemstra etc) should be employed and and when are they apt .

The preparation of the jeevamruth and other solutions is clear from the ZBF website .However there should be clear guidelines from practitioners on the stages /steps and various solutions to be used is required . Basically is it monthly application or application during certain stages (before tilling,afterplanting,pnicle intiation, flowering etc)

ZBF practitioners please respond with detailed steps for the benefit of all the farmers .BTW predominant cultivation technique for paddy is water intensive (flooding the field) as apposed to SRI. So the ZBF should suit the flooding technique for easy adoption.

Few pointers

1. Sri.Palekars suggestion on jeevamritha dosage is every 21 days. There is nothing like overdose. If you do it in once in 15 days also ok.
  2. Step by step instructions are available in Sri.Palekars books.
  3. I will try to give ZBSF practicing farmers contacts from North Karnataka. you can visit them. Do you need contact numbers?
  4. Irrigation method is also explained in Sri Palekars books. I dont think anybody can help you online, because it is a deep subject.

Few myths about Jeevamritha on Paddy or ragi.
1.Many farmers say it is not benifit or useful to use jeevamritha on Paddy- it is a myth.
Jeevamritha cannot give results without proper mulching. The farmers who said this have applied jeevamritha on bear soil. Scorching sun brings down the effect to zero within 2 days.
2. Proper mulching:
This should be a mixture of straw of diecot and monocot. If you use only die cot or monocot. it acts adversly. it is important to understand C:N ratio of the mulching. if it is not maintained the nitrogen in the soil is utilised by the degradation process. So the crops will be in deficit of N results in low yield.

So it takes time to have proper mulch. first crop a diecot second crop monocot, take only grain and return straw to field. Now comes the proper mulching from third crop. when you start first time your yeild will be less because your muclhing has improper ration of C:N. This is the myth farmers tell.

Hi Sri,
I would like to have some contact info about the farmers who has adopted ZBNF and willing to visit those farms. Preferably around bangalore

As per the below statement

“2. Proper mulching:
This should be a mixture of straw of diecot and monocot. If you use only die cot or monocot. it acts adversly. it is important to understand C:N ratio of the mulching. if it is not maintained the nitrogen in the soil is utilised by the degradation process. So the crops will be in deficit of N results in low yield.”

Can you suggest me the combination of dicot and monocot crops to get mulching.If possible please let me know the crops in telugu language.

Regards
Krishna

Paddy in Sri Palekars method is followed in North Karntaka. I dont have any contact in Bangalore or even in south Karnataka.

For paddy Udad dal is the combination crop. This for best result. you can go for any diecot.

recently new die cot is in use PILLIPESARA (Phaseolus trilobus) you need 4 Kg seeds/acre. This is closest cousine of Clover.