'Woah ladies' and moderator actions

[color=blue][Mod note: Topic split from farmnest.com/forum/new-trends-in … id-advice/][/color]

woah ladies!
what is up with you all?

calm down… its me everyone is talking about u  ;D

lets not spoil the festive season and the comming holidays :slight_smile:

hey chandra… just a quick question… can we use ***?  :sunglasses: ;D

Well said Viks.

BTW on a lighter note If the advices are commercialized you wouldn’t be farming don’t you hehe…

I have not replied for some time so persons like mr viks treated the matter as a lighter irrelevant issue to be joked at.mr viks a person seeking proper guidance on my mail is obliged to pay if specifically told by me.It is when people vanish to evade payment.My common threads are never paid for since I write for welfare of masses not for money,I have plenties of money and I do not run after it,it comes fortlessly to me.Recently I had written a thread regarding ‘farmer certificate’, ‘Melia Dubia’,‘companion crops’ etc for which I do not expect any thing.I have never ever asked for any thing from any one.Mr Viks I take umbrage at your brat like immature childish approach,what are you?.Pl learn basic manners and abstain from such serious matters if you do not know how to write .You will feel badly dejected if I call you a lady!What nonsense!.We are dignified persons.Please look at my threads and then make comments.Persons like you may not get an opportunity to get my audience even.Such like people  have brought downfall of knowledge.

Mr Moderator: I view the member’s (viks)approach shallow,illogical devoid of grace and dignity (the person with no provocation or ever spoken any negative thing has got the audacity to calls members ladies!)Pl make him apologise in the forum for such puerile thoughtless unprofessional comments. 

This thread has just gone awry and needs to die; topic closed.

On the central point of discussion, I think Padmanabhan makes a good point. It is logical for consultants to expect and obtain a fee but being forthright on the point may avoid any confusion for those seeking advice.

Based on concerns we have reopened the thread. The PM posted expressing concern is posted below.

Quote from: rcdixit on Yesterday at 09:01:28 PM

We are in the process(system) of banning unparlimenatry words and abuses on the forum. We will see how best we can do. It is also important forum members to understand how the forum runs with limited resources. We can save time on unproductive time.

Few words jotted in lighter sense triggered lot of anguish… exchange of PM’s. Request all members to watch words, make everybody confortable in reading.

Dear all,

I am new to farming. I am learning from many resources (from forums like this, farm visits, internet, talking to veterans, etc. I also worked on a farm for free for 2 months, ). Here is my theory. If I have learnt for free I will and must pass on whatever knowledge I have received and my experiences for free.

Regards,
Satish

There’s another money markets forum that i work on. It takes the Admin & Mods only 2 seconds to delete post or thread or member … permanently! Wink … & you’re gone ??? …  Just 2 secs!!!

jm2¢, :slight_smile:

I would not join such a forum and if I did accidentally Admins and Mods will do me the favor of removing :wink: No harm either way.  :sunglasses:

Reminds me of following teaching from Samarth Ramdas; an eminent Marathi Saint and poet

Whatever one knows one should teach others make everyone clever.

That said I also respect Intellectual Property.

Regards,
Satish

That’s a pretty Naive comment Satish. What the Marathi Saint & Poet says is exactly what happens on that Forum. Knowledge Sharing for Wealth Creation. That’s the main focus of most of the forums, unlike what i have seen here in the last couple weeks. The “2 seconds to delete” attitude is what keeps that forum thriving, sans Dimwits and Foul Talk. Name’s Train Wreck. Google it, … with some element of creativity.

Cheers, naf :slight_smile:

We are graceful people not misbehaving hooligans.One mr viks had used inappropriate words against me which were neither  suppressed nor snubbed by chandra or sri.Anyway finding tacit approval for viks I have left making any more comments in farmnest.Rather than making the wrong doer apologise both these officials took the matter very lightly as if dignity of a consultant is none of their concern.I had recently introduced the idea of companion crops of banana with red lady papaya.I had suggested that this combination enhances the productivity by 40 to 50 %.Had I asked any payment from any one?In spite of that People do not want to pay for lengthy technical advise when I give them all pertinent details-phone numbers,cultivation technique,seeds suppliers and buyers etc .Not only that for paid advise I am always at their beck and call.I have never wanted to take advantage of free advertisement in farmnest for my thanks given messages,which I could have got.I have no interest in publicity (being overly busy with my various advisory works).Money runs after me not vice versa.I am a free lance Farm related topics writer guiding public for better agricultural practices for free.My quality will speak for me.
The current example is of some crook/thug and merits no commments.I have now stopped forwarding all agri related advises in farmnest threads and feel much happy with this retirement status.No more comments and no more nonsense from any person.With best wishes to all readers.
Regards
rcdixit

We had removed the entire thread and warned all those who used inappropriate words(his post was removed in minutes it was posted). The thread was revoked based on your request. We felt it was the decent thing to  do. It is not true that we did not take any action.

It is important to understand few points, we are all here to help each other, share what we know. Farmnest has provided a platform to discuss at members will and wish.

All are important and none are indispensable.

If you forget the past and move on, members will have  respect for your knowledge, if you want to prove a point… what you have mentioned…  in that case we can bid a adieu.

Hello All (Dixit ji, Sri & Chandra),
  Been gone a while since i received a ban but the quest for knowledge is what draws me back to the forum.
  i myself saw the sadist criticism that Dixit ji has mentioned and i had raised my voice in it’s protest. Unfortunately, the mods misread my attitude and i received a ban, perceiving that i was polluting the forum and abusing the moderator.

My very reason for the protest was the unchecked behavior which would result in the demise of a knowledge forum. i see my hunch was not far placed when one reads the last post of Mr.Dixit wherein he expresses a discontinuance from the forum based on that very incident.

i hope the mods can see eye to eye with me, here & now!  …  and i’m sure that Mr. Dixit, in his wisdom, would reconsider and give this forum a chance to reform, as what & how Mr. Sri mentions in his last post.

Couple quotes from my workspace …
  “The business of life is to move forward”
  “When i get, i am grateful;  when i give, i am Blessed”

Cheers & Regards, Manish,  :slight_smile:

Sure, let us talk about it. I am going to pull out excerpts from my personal message communications as well, so if anyone on this thread has objections to that, please let me know now.

Who knows, it could just show the pot calling the kettle black.

Dear friend Chandra,
  i did not write the last post out of any grudge or grievance, nor am i doing so now. i merely stated that i was misread the last time and that my intuition was not off the mark either. i am rather pleased the correct action was taken, even if it was late in my perception.

i have high regards for the knowledge forums, the likes of which we have here at Farmnest. And even higher regards for the people and members who strive to keep the knowledge in open public domain. Please do not consider me an adversary as the loss would be all mine.

As far as the pot and the cattle are concerned, suffice to say that neither is black or white in totality. We are all born with shades of grey and we die the same way. The shades merely keep varying in ones lifetime.

i see we’ll get on pretty well once we’re face to face, which wouldn’t be too long as i have family interests in Hyderabad. i say this coz i can see that neither of us has tolerance for Stupidity. So my friend, once again, let’s get on with the business of life and move forward.

Cheers, Manish.  :slight_smile:

I feel humbled with the positive comments of Newagefarmer Mr Manish,who stood firm and called a spade a spade(a rare quality).It speaks of his noble grooming and indomitable courage to fight odds.I feel this topic should be closed as it will not serve any purpose.The comments of viks had elements of bad taste and poor grooming.I won’t blame him for that.However vicks had sought approval of Mr Chandra to which he made no comment(then and there only),that means Mr Chandra did not feel like putting him on correct path and it had his tacit approval.I view it as bad precedence setting.Anyway i shall never deviate from my decisions once made.Mr moderator kindly close this matter for ever as if it never existed.Thanks a lot.
with best regards
rcdixit

Dear rcdixit,

When the moderators closed the thread, you called it injustice and wanted it open and now yow want it closed :slight_smile:

While we normally do not like to spend time on what we deem is not a great use of our time, I would like us to have the facts right on the accusations for once. More to come on the thread just now!

Manish,
The pot-kettle was not specifically addressed to you, but here goes.

Grudge and grievance? what even gave you that idea? I will detail out what got you the warning and then a ban. You called being called ‘ladies’ by another member ‘sadist criticism’, so you may explain the appropriatenesss of the following from you in that vein and if you were misread:

Civil enough in comparison? I wonder how rcdixit found this humour acceptable while not others.

Disagree all you want, but judge?

Is this an intelligent statement? So you expected the mods to run an investigation agency?
Or ban who does not post? - sounds like circular logic?

Again, how intelligent is this? We are not here to investigate members’ activities outside of the forum and another member’s report is not our FIR. Enough advice to the mods really.

I find this unacceptable enough to earn a ban, would you not?

Cheers.

Dear rcdixit,

What offended you in this? ‘ladies’ is a bad word? do you see that attitude sounds very sexist?
So if someone says ‘hello gents’, all ladies on the forum should go wild with indignation? Do you see you are taking things out of proportion on a public forum?

I am Indian and you have a bunch of abuses for me and every other Indian in the lines above. Why is it you get offended by the word ‘ladies’ but are comfortable to throw so many abuses on everyone?

[quote=“rcdixit”]
We are graceful people not misbehaving hooligans.One mr viks had used inappropriate words against me which were neither  suppressed nor snubbed by chandra or sri.Anyway finding tacit approval for viks I have left making any more comments in farmnest.Rather than making the wrong doer apologise both these officials took the matter very lightly as if dignity of a consultant is none of their concern.[/quote]
Tacit approval - for what?
Make the wrong doer apologize? - what do you expect us to do? Viks hasn’t been here since Dec 16th, so should we go get an interpol red corner? You care about dignity of Indians too beyond dignity of consultants too, sir?

So an array of abuses for the word ‘ladies’ and you are fighting for ‘justice’?

[quote="rcdixit"]
I had recently introduced the idea of companion crops of banana with red lady papaya.I had suggested that this combination enhances the productivity by 40 to 50 %.Had I asked any payment from any one?In spite of that People do not want to pay for lengthy technical advise when I give them all pertinent details-phone numbers,cultivation technique,seeds suppliers and buyers etc .Not only that for paid advise I am always at their beck and call.I have never wanted to take advantage of free advertisement in farmnest for my thanks given messages,which I could have got.I have no interest in publicity (being overly busy with my various advisory works).Money runs after me not vice versa.I am a free lance Farm related topics writer guiding public for better agricultural practices for free.My quality will speak for me. [/quote]
Glad to hear money runs after you; then why the crib posts on the consultant fees?

So another guy posts his experience with some consultant and he is an instant crook?

I hope you remember which abuse you used here - was it stronger than ‘ladies’?

You have written to Support with a bunch of abuses on the administrator:

And Support wrote back with patience:

Further, Sri explained on the thread that action has been taken.

Yet you latch on and continue to make unpleasant comments. When our ego gets larger than life, our knowledge becomes inconsequential.
Our efforts to make you see reason is based on your history with the forum, but there is only that much we can do.

Thanks.

Comments from everyone welcome.