White bug on potted plants on my terrace

Hi there is a white bug on my potted plants vegetables and flowering plants both. It kills the plant very fast. Pls suggest some organic solutions. Thanks a lot.

Looks like Mealy Bugs (the image is focussed on something behind and not on the insects :slight_smile: )

Verticillium lecanii is a biopesticide that should work.

ADD NEEM OIL WITH SOAP POWDER AND SPRAY TWICE A WEEK FOR TWO WEEKS, THIS SHOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Mealy bugs have a shell like structure which prevents any particles of pesticide to enter. Thus most of pesticides ineffective or less effective.

Natural predotors and as Chandra said Verticillum Lecanii,BT… fungii based bio pesticides are more effective.

this has been tried and tested. the white mealy bug has a soft powdery like substance, and as you correctly pointed out the material cannot reach the insect, this was the same thought that i shared like you, however after talking to my grandfather aged 90, and doing myself, i found out that the detergent suffocates the insect and such it comes out of the shell and as it cannot take neem, it moves out of the plant,please note, one thing "this is a remedy for short term, and it is only effective till you do not water the stem and leaf. spray has to done on every side of the plant stem and leaf top and bottom. try

Thank you Sir,

Because the Pest has already been attacked, Neemoil will not serve. You go for Chemical Pesticides like Cypermithrine etc. Before you spray wash the Plants with Pressure water sprinkler. After dried up you apply Pesticide.