When to sow Ginger plants

Hi All,

We are new entrants and wants to sow the Ginger in 5 acres, wants to grow nursery and plant In prepared beds. we are very much thankful to you if you provide required technical suggestions and expected budget details. known progressive Ginger farmer details (To know about faced risks) harvesting details, marketing details.

Regards

I have not heard of nursery plant, in my region it is not in practice.
Sowing season: March to April.
Yield: 5 tons/acr in conventional and 25t/acre with growth harmones and humic acids and other stimulants. It will be filled in bags of 62Kg and considered as 60Kg. Rate varies from 1000rs to 6000rs per bag.

You will get about 50 to 80K expediture if you are inorganic farmer.

harvesting shall be done after 8th month. for seeds 11 months.

Harvesting is just ike potato.

Rootgrubs, Wilt, Blight are major issues. If you are not in high rainfall area you can have good control over blight.

Hi Sri,

Thanks for your reply… I came to know that growing nursery and planting in main field is a new technic,… having no details… but its very interesting that 5t/acre is increasing to 25t/acre, wonderful. please let me know the full course applying of harmones and humic acid. on which day of crop which harmone at which Quantity we have to apply. Looking forward for your reply.

Regards
Adi.

[quote=Ghaneshsaiagrofarms]
but its very interesting that 5t/acre is increasing to 25t/acre, wonderful. please let me know the full course applying of harmones and humic acid. on which day of crop which harmone at which Quantity we have to apply. [/quote]

That is a millon dollar question, Every farmer is dying to know. Farmers from Kerala Come here and do contract farming. It is a secrete they have maintained. They bring all “medicine” (farmers term) in a unbranded cover and some times in white cans. They ask labours to spray. thats it … end of 10th month they harvest 450 bags and vanish(because next year they have to find another farm).

Ginger consume lot of nutrients and soils loose fertility. Since it is a gambling(highly fluctuating rates), I am not keen on this. If you want to grow continuousely have partial plots and change plots every year, plan so that each plot gets 3 years of break.