What makes Polyhouse so much expensive?

see if this can help you
youtube.com/watch?v=Vy72pRX6hJw

Dear Sarvanakumar,

Obviously UV film is fixed on bamboo using zig zag profile so it wont be damaged.
Bamboo is more wind resisitive as compared to GI
Idea of Bamboo+LDPE+Automation seems nice.
At present are you executing any project.

Thank you Sri. The video just showed the practical implementation of what I was suggesting ie bamboo plus ldpe.

This proves that setup is very much possible but I am little apprehensive about the way the sheets are nailed. You are puncturing the sheet with nail and that is definitely going to rip the sheets sometime or the other.

But what stood out was the way the sheets were buried under a trench like how we do for farmpond… Just great!!

Pavan

You need profile to fix the springs against which and it’s is difficult to bolt profile against wood as it would give away.

And no we aren’t executing any project. But would love to given a chance.

You seem to be based out of MP else would have loved to offer my free consultancy and every possible resource that I can.

Thanks for your courtesy and i am based in MP
There is a steel Profile which is same as one use while making gutter in PH
and in those sheets after fixing UV/LDPE zig zag profile will be fixed so that it wont damage anything.
i will arrange for photos so that it will be clear how it is to be done?
Can you explain more about solar base drip?
can i use it with any drip or specific requirement?
Earlier you said you are building a model PH in 1000 sqft.
i was asking for that.

Dear Pavan

I get your point instead of ready made profile fabricators use sheets bent in the shape of profiles.

But my apprehension is how effectively this can be fixed to bamboo without giving away.

Having said that will wait for your pic.

And regarding solar based drip system, PFA a pic that would explain concept in general. We have successfully completed projects of this type.

You can run the motor directly to drip lines or fill a tank and low pressure gravity feed your lines.

Considering ph environment overhead tank concept would best fit in.

Also regarding project I thought you meant for any of our customers that’s why said no. Yes, I am going to build one for myself. Just leveled the land and will do it once few of my doubts clear. I have posted few questions in a separate blog. Planning to start once my doubts are cleared.

Regards

Dear Sarvana,

Is it ok or shall i type full name :slight_smile:.
Can you please tell about tentative cost fo using solar based drip system for 1 acre of PH.

Dear Pavan,

Lol! You can call me as you wish. The first and the previous time when someone asked me this, I ended up marrying that person… :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, Now

Regarding drip system for a 1 acre PH on solar;

Please let me know;

A)What is the distance between the water source and the proposed PH’s?
B)Proposed dimensions of the PH’s
C)Water Source details
D)Plant Spacing for each PH
E)Water requirement per PH per day
F)Total no of polyhouses
G)Should you need fertigation/filteration unit? If yes common or standalone for every PH?
H)Bed Spacing PH wise
I)No of beds PH wise

Regards

i just want to ask one simple question…

how many of us have actually got a PH built, applied for subsidy, got it and are running a PH setup ?

why do i have a feeling that the REALITY is missing in this discussion ?

i think i need to sharpen my pencil…

V

It is such a shame you can buy most stuff in government subsidy at almost the same price in the open market!

@Saravana Kumar
I hope your research helps to bring some cost efficiencies for people looking for for shadenet/polyhouse construction

Need your experience here, Viks!

I completely agree Vivek. Reality is that hardly anyone did it already that too with subsidy.

Take my case, the thought of having a own ph almost got shattered when I got the quotes and realized even after subsidy I thought is it worth the investment.

The reality we face is a forced one and not a chosen one by conscience. I strongly believe that if ph is offered at affordable and genuine cost, there are lot of progressive farmers willing to venture themselves into protected farming.

Chandra

I look at a simple logic. What happens inside the the ph would only matter and one’s focus should be more towards automation and farm science rather than concentrating on trivial things like structures.

My point is GI or bamboo or anything would not determine the yield but what happens inside does.
I am naive in farm science so can’t be useful to ponder about stuff happening inside but the least I can do is try my best to identify ways or ideas to cut down structure cost.

For now I trust bamboo ph with ldpe and automation is the way forward.

But need to constantly evolve to sustain and hoping to bring cost efficiency in structures.

Dear Saravana,

Please find below details as required by you.
A)What is the distance between the water source and the proposed PH’s?
25 metres
B)Proposed dimensions of the PH’s
1 no. of 2025 sqm (4545) and 2 numbers of 1008 sqmt (2836 metre)
C)Water Source details
Borewell with 5HP motor
D)Plant Spacing for each PH
Plant spacing 60 cm laterally and in same row 45 cm
E)Water requirement per PH per day
Its 2-4 liters per sqmt per day
F)Total no of polyhouses
G)Should you need fertigation/filteration unit? If yes common or standalone for every PH?
As we are planning for different crops in PH so what is advisable ?
H)Bed Spacing PH wise
60 cm between two beds
I)No of beds PH wise
30 beds and 18 beds

Please suggest the solar based system.