Watermelon/Muskmelon - Organic Pest and Disease Management

Hi Chandra

Can you update how you got on with the pest problem.How successful were your interventions with bio pesticides and natural panchaganvya ? It will be interesting to hear from people with hands on experience.

Hi Pravindoc,

Follow more on this here: farmnest.com/forum/natural-farmi … -progress/

We tried Dasha parni Kashayam for fruit borers in sapota farm & saw good results. Dasha parni Kashayam is multipurpose pesticide. Can deal with many insects.Dasha parni Kashayam’s formula is available in any of palekar books. Let me know I blog the same. Its the cheapest most effective pesticide done with all weed plants, its got a shelf life of 6 months

Thanks Seshuko. I have not found the recipe from a quick google search, so it would be quite helpful to everyone if you can create a topic on its preparation please.

I use a locally available kashayam made of a number of local tree leaves and cow urine - not sure if it is the same concoction. I use this in combination with neem oil etc. I will post the damage and some new measures I am trying in a couple of days.

Refer the attachement for something immedaite
dasapani kashyam.pdf (2.96 MB)

Of the total 10 plants the First 5 plants till Ghaneri are mandatory and for the other 5 you could pick any 5(from 6 ownwards) that is available in your area. I will scan the page from Paleker’s book over the weekend for you

Scanning may be against the copyright ???
Writing on your own would be preferable.