Want to get in to farming

HI THERE
                I WANT TO GET IB TO FARMING , I WANT YOU EXPERT VIEW,  FROM YOU R SIDE ,KEEPING IN  INTERNATIONAL MARKET , WHAT SHOULD I GET IN TO , GOAT FARMING , EMU FARMING , OR  Agriculture

tahnk yu

hi Rohan,
there are many options in farming but it depends on what suits you. it also depends on the location, soil condition, weather etc. etc.

wel, to begin,

1. Fishery is the most lucrative farming business… but it requires precise practices and personel attention. it also requires a formal training.

2. Goat Farm- ‘BEST OPTION’ you know goats are known as poor man’s cow. goats do adopt themselves to any condition and survive hardest dry seasons. then the goat meat (mutton) is any day as popular of all the non-veg diet. so, the scope for this is too high if you consider Intensive or Semi-intensive Goat farming. very quick returns yeilding so far.

3. Dairy Farm- wel this is considered as the most stable form of agricultural event but returns are slow and steady.

4. Poultry Farm- wel better i speak less about this as the topic is too old now.

5. Stevia culture- this one is the most exciting. I hope you are aware of Stevia (in case not, stevia is the plant from which suger free sweetner is extracted). this is good option if you have plenty of water in your land. this is like you invest a certain amount once and keep harvesting an amount equal to your investment every year for next five years.

wel the list keeps on growing as there are so many options like mushrooms, medicinal plants, horticulture, floriculture etc etc…

now, its up to you.
regards 

hi again,

I am also going to start my own farming. if you need any kind of help you can feel free to contact me on 9819522559 or mail me to 'rajubadatgmail.com.

regards

Mumbaikars unite!  :wink:

Seriously, that was some good advice, rajubad. Thanks.

If you have adequate space you could consider an integrated farm: Long term horticultural crop like coconut and mango,chikoo, intercropped with medium to short term like banana and papaya,vegetables,pulses, a  fish pond, and few poultry,goats ,cows etc. If you dont put all your eggs into one basket it will insure you against failure if one or more of your crops are hit my some mishap.
                                                                                                      Regards,
                                                                                                          Yaj.

Thank you Chandra

regards
-Raju Badiger

Dear Mr. Chandra, the respected Administrator,

thanks again sir.
sir, since you are an administrator, I want to know a thing. I am not sure if I or any member on this site can/can not post their contact info…?

recently, I posted my contact info on one of the popular agriculture site’s blog. but then later when I saw my blog, it was  being edited (contact info deleted) by the administrator. wel, am asked to upgrade my membership to Business member(paid ofcourse)

sir, does the same thing applies here aswel…?
thanks again
regards
-Raju Badiger

thank you sir

No, there are no such restrictions (and there won’t be). However please read the topic on contacting other members and protecting your own privacy here: farmnest.com/forum/general-discu … contacted/

We are more than happy to cover the expenses of the site without any memberships. In addition we expect a small part of the costs to be covered by banner advertising going forward.

And I am no ‘sir’; just one of the community and administering the site in addition! :wink:

Hi again,
thanks a lot for your quick reply.
fisrt of all salute to the simplicity you carry…

and then…
I was following your blog 'Is organic farming practicle?"

I salute again to the immense knowledge thats been shared by you and the another member ‘cowherd’. am so happy to realize that most educated or most learnt folks are back to agriculture. I am proud now.

thanks again
Regards

Thanks for your kind words. My attempt has been to ask the right questions to our really knowledgeable folks like cowherd so their experiences can guide everyone. Collectively, there is a vast amount of information among us that can help everyone when channeled - the key is to build a platform that facilitates easy sharing of this information.

Dear Rohanrd and Rajubad?
Are you there? Have you already entered in to agriculture field?
If yes than please get back with your achievements and experiences.
We are eagerly waiting your achievements.