Want tips on purchasing agri land

hi,
I have been a member and read thru all posts…even as old as 2010.i am an aspiring farmer who has a small terrace farm in my house terrace.for past 4 yrs mulling with the idea of owning my own land for organic farming. oflate on checking out land prices I was agast .This seems to be on par with purchasing flats in Mumbai(some as high as 8 cr…).I am told it is so as people love having 2nd homes and also as investment.I am left dejected but not stopped trying.pl can anyone let me know the price between Mumbai and pune.as I would personally like to be around …so no point having land very far from Mumbai…(or…wada.wai.panchgani.lonavla…).also wat points to be evaluated while purchasing land??I think…acess road,water ,electricity…wat else??

Just listing down what I remembered from my land apart from road,water,electricity:

1. The considerations for land itself: fertility,slope,kind of soil etc
  2. Labor availability in the surroundings and labor rates
  3. Closeness to town/city for buying agri related things (seed/fertilizer/implements)
  4. Closeness to town/city for market
  5. Relative/friend/some known person in the vicinity
  6. Consider how to reach farm - public transport will be good
  7. Environment including neighbours/floods during rains/wild animals

[quote=gunda]
Just listing down what I remembered from my land apart from road,water,electricity:

1. The considerations for land itself: fertility,slope,kind of soil etc
  2. Labor availability in the surroundings and labor rates
  3. Closeness to town/city for buying agri related things (seed/fertilizer/implements)
  4. Closeness to town/city for market
  5. Relative/friend/some known person in the vicinity
  6. Consider how to reach farm - public transport will be good
  7. Environment including neighbors/floods during rains/wild animals[/quote]
    Thanks for the good post, considering main points that is road,water and Electricity. you have to consider the type of cultivation that is horticulture or agriculture that is vegetables or paddy and live stock farming. then go for the pints given by Mr. Gunda.

Best Regards,

azhar2345