Using biopesticides against pests - an experiment in progress

Hi newbie447,

I realized I have not responded to this question.
This is a piece of land I picked up an year and a half back and has been fallow for a while now. I don’t think they ever grew vegetables (save some chillies) and I am fairly sure it would have been regular chemical cultivation of maize, paddy and possibly some cotton.

Here come fresh stocks of the biopesticides, ready to go into the sprayer!

Hi Chandra,

Its been a month since you spoke of your experiment. did you make any observations as of now? Also I see you have procured a lot of biopesticides. can you let us know the rough quantity per acre and cost of the same. This will help us plan for ourselves.

Regards,
agri_lover

Thank you Sir,
Can you enlighten us the cost of each Biopesticide which you have Posted Sir.

ThnQ Sir,MANNE.SN,B.Com.,LLB, for Vasudha Green Farms, vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,09133498366.

The crop has ended and the next one will start soon. I have no further observations yet over and above what I stated earlier, but the next crop will be quite an important test.

The approximate dose of most of these is 2-5 g/l; at a lower 100 l/acre of spray solution, that is 200 - 500 g per spray per acre.
For the next crop, I am contemplating to spray a mixture of several of these along with neem/Brahmastra, at a much diluted rate but on a weekly basis. I will post results but it will be a while before that starts.

There is some variation in the cost of different biopesticides, but the average would be Rs. 200-250 per kg. It is interesting there are many producers around Hyderabad but it is not common to see the products being retailed in regular agri shops. I think most produce in bulk for export, and retail a bit at their factory premises or you will need to get it by courier or pickup. The quality and reputation of the producer is important too since the production is fairly technical job. If someone in Hyderabad is interested to buy some, let me know by email and I could direct you to some contacts.