Soil test result and Suitable Vegetable list @ Madurai

Dear Friends,

I am having a farm at Madurai, Tamil nadu.

As per my Soil test report EC(dsm) 0.22, PH 8.6, O.C% --, N-70, P-2.4,K.67 Fe-8.06, Mn -5.92,Zn-1.04, Cu-1.70.

I would like to go for Vegetable cultivation, like, Tomato, Brinjal, Bendi, Beet root, Cauliflower, Bitter guard, Ash Guard, Green Chilly, Drum Stick, Small onion and so on…

After seeing the soil test, i am worried that, shall i go for above said items or not? More over pls advice me the suitable products for land.

[quote] As per my Soil test report EC(dsm) 0.22, PH 8.6, O.C% --, N-70, P-2.4,K.67 Fe-8.06, Mn -5.92,Zn-1.04, Cu-1.70.
I would like to go for Vegetable cultivation, like, Tomato, Brinjal, Bendi, Beet root, Cauliflower, Bitter guard, Ash Guard, Green Chilly, Drum Stick, Small onion and so on…
After seeing the soil test, i am worried that, shall i go for above said items or not? More over pls advice me the suitable products for land.[/quote]

Two materials commonly used for lowering soil pH are aluminum sulfate and sulfur
Be extremely careful not to over-apply .

Pounds of Aluminum Sulfate to Lower the Soil pH: 0.6 pounds
Pounds of Sulfur to Lower the Soil pH : 0.1 pounds

By this you should end up in a PH value of 5.5-5.7 in your soil PH.

But do consult with other fellow members before trying them.

I am an illiterate in this subject, and am taking this opportunity to learn the good methods. pls bear with me for some questions ( some times it may seems to be silly Questions).

After applying the above said material, how long will it take to 5.5-5.7 ph level? and also pls tell me the dosage qty per acre

When I am taking to the Agri dept people, they had said that, “use 150kg gypsum / Acre” Is it Correct?