Soil Test Methodology

it is also necessary to measure the CEC of the soil, this is very important

soilminerals.com/Cation_Exch … lified.htm

Going by all the above, it looks like its best to have neutral soil with EC on the higher side ( what units?). What is the organic way to neutralize the soil and increase the EC.

regards,
gg

Btw, i have not yet done my soil testing, hope to get the sample by next weekend but jumped the gun already.

You didn’t tell me the units yet. Is it S/cm or dS/m?

Assuming it is dS/m, I think will be categorised as moderately saline unless it is a heavy clay in which case it would fall under slightly saline category.

At least that its the theory.

cbxproducts.com/3_1Soil_CationExchange.html

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs. Well as GG has pointed it out, how would one go in under organic methods for the following.

1. Reducing the clayey structure of the soil organically.

2. Get that perfect neutral pH organically.

3. Reduce the salinity of the soil, organically.

Or any other method to get that perfect conditions organically. Another thing, since we all are fascinated by the red soil and mine being black any way to make black soil red ? if there exist a method I will share 50% profits after selling the land with that guy ;D ;D

-----------OR-----------

all these tests and numbers making us cynical ?? .

If you see in the western ghats, running right from Kerala upto Mahararastra it must be some 1000 's of KM. Dont we see the lush green forests supporting all those exotic flora and fauna ? The best jackfruits , best Appemidi (tender mango for pickles), best kokum , best jamoon, etc etc are from these forests.

It cant be true that for those many kms all the lands have the right pH, EC, etc etc. No wonder if one sees the Amazon forest running across a continent :astonished: :astonished:

Is it the divine rain water that is the key to this ??

Regards

Murali

Hi

Can you please let me know where can i purchase Direct soil Tester, TAKUMURA, JAPAN from? and what is it’s price?

Thanks
Nilesh

Hello Mr.CHANDRA. I want to test my agricultural crop land. Where can I test it… I mean wt r the places or where r the offices of agriculture in Kurnool dist :-\

Dear Sri Revanth Reddy,

Welcome to our Forum.

In kurnool District, i don’t know the addresses of the soil testing lab offices but, here i am giving the contact phone numbers of the concerned Agri/Horti officers. Please contact them and get the details, on request.

1. Horticulture research station, mahanandi, kurnool dist, ph: 08514-284555 and 7382633690

2. Dot centre, kurnool , 08518-251813 and 9989623810

3. krishi vigyan kendra, Banavasi, yemmiganuru, kurnool dist, 08512-228588 and 7702366115

4.   -do-      , yagantipalli,kurnool district, 08515-227106, 9440607424

5. Agriculture Research Station,Nandyala, kurnool district, 08514-242296 and 248264

try those numbers and on request they will give the required information of soil testing laboratories in kurnool area.

with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer