Shadenet house construction

Whats the height, length and breadth are you using for your shade net house ? Could you please share the specifications here ?

Are you using anything to control the humidity inside it ?

Aman

posting pictures of two design types. both are shadenet structures.

vvk

Viks what’s the difference between the two ,?

Aman

dear members,

thank you all, for putting up valuable comments, so that people like me (starters), think beyond our secured job and generate interest in our centuries old industry.

Our nation is the second largest producers of agricultural products and still have huge potential to grow, due to varied climatic and geographical conditions. The only road block as i see is the infrastructure required for good farming is beyond most of our traditional farmers. In my view, their years of experience coupled with innovative ideas for cost reducing technology can yield better results.

With such experience, sharing and discussion on innovative shade nets, may lead to an alternative solutions to polyhouse.

Kudos to our members

regards
Prosanjit

Hi Ak,
I am Devidas, a new member of farmnest from Pune, Rajgurunagar, Khed . I am interested in advance farming by using shade net house. please shares your technical experiance in construction of cost effective shade net. I am planning to take Indra capsicum in next season.
please answer some of my below queries.

• we have water shortage in summer from feb to june, can i plant capsicum in june after rain starting?
    -what should be the standard size of shade net?
  • my farm size is 65 feet x 300 feet. i am planning to plant in 1/2 acre. what should be std width?
  • should i use 2 slanted or single slanted in Pune region where rain is heavy.
    -which brand nets you used? share cost per running meter or sq. meter.

thanks

Devidas

Dear niksnarayana,

Nice setup and thanks for the information.
we are building a bamboo shadenet only difference is in your setup instead of using concrete pipes and wooden material our entire setup is made of bamboo.

@pawan2311
hey pawan 2311 hows your shadenet going .has cultivation commenced ?
good to see that u have opted for shadenet as it is best suited for indian condition wether we look it as temperature we find here or as cost to structure .
Shade net can be as reliable as Polyhouse or GH if we can safeguard it from strong winds.For this bamboo can be grown around the Shadenet which will work as wind barrier.

AS an example iam attaching a link of video i found on youtube…

And please let us know whats total cost ,thing you are growing ,seeds supplier etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=FnRpv4rlClg

Has anyone given thought of making shadenet using bamboo poles. These are likely to last for 3 to 4 years. But one thing you need to keep in mind: use plastic bottles to avoid the net being sheared at the bamboo bends. The costs are just minimal provided you have bamboo in your farm.
g b[quote=ak]
Hello friends good evening
shade net cultivation — is somewhat a cheaper version of polyhouse cultivation.
please provide details regarding construction of shade net houses and other innovative ideas to be incorporated in this setup.
i have few questions also

1. is it possible to control the damage caused by heavy rains [ dripping of water inside the site ] in shadenet houses?
  2. has anyone tried or studied the possibility of controlling temperature and humidity inside shadenet houses?
    experts & enthusiasts — pl contribute your views and enlighten all
    thank you
    [/quote]

Though late, I thought of sharing this link here which will give some lead to making bamboo shadenet:-

aeon.co/videos/mongolian-nomads … ooperation