Requesting advises and information

Hi Members of the Farmnest

I am interested farming but new to it. I don’t know which crop to grow and how to start an where to start.

So i am asking you guys help to provide some suggestions and advice on how to proceed.

Do we have any training programs or workshops that i can attend to learn something about farming.

I am looking to go in small scale first like 1 to 5 acres. i am also looking for suggestions on which crops will be good to go at this period.

I looking forward to your suggestions.

please spare some time to reply me and guide me go in the right path with your experienced minds.

Thanks to everyone in advance who spends your time in reading my message.

Regards
Chaitanya.

Hello Members of Farm Nest

110 viewers and yet no reply from any one of them please do say something.

If nobody is answering i feel like i have not asked the right question.

please say something.

regards
chaitanya

U Need to give information What type of Soil / Irrigation Available / Location and Weather for that area.

Then Someone might suggest crops and other

Try to go through these threads to get some idea. Also update how you are planning to manage your farm, etc…

farmnest.com/forum/new-trends-in … rtunities/

farmnest.com/forum/new-trends-in … /#msg10242

@ Chaitanya,

I suggest you try something small at your home, a vegetable garden may be. This way your learning curve grows well and so would be your confidence.

1 to 5 acres is no small yard in any scale.

Regards,

Saravana

@rohitud
Thank you very much for reply and your sugesstion
soil :black soil
Irrigation water: mostly on rain and pond or need arrange a borewell mostly use diseal pump to pump water from pond and supply water to farm in the area
location vijayawada (krishna District) city outside in urban limits only.
climate: mostly 30 or above during the day in most seasons unless there is a rainy day or liitle monsoon winds coming our way.

@PMagesh
Thank you sir for guiding me to the learning path.

@saravanakumargcses

Thank you
I have small land(20 cents) which i think can be used for the suggestion you have given me to learn by planting a vegetable garden.
i will start with that first.

thank you once again for aking some time to reply me.

can you please suggest how i have to go with land(treatment). I will use small patch in it to grow some vegetables.

Regards
Chaitanya

Soil treatment
[url=http://agropedia.iitk.ac.in/content/trichoderma-bio-control-agent-management-soil-born-diseases]http://agropedia.iitk.ac.in/content/trichoderma-bio-control-agent-management-soil-born-diseases[/url]

[quote]I have small land(20 cents) which i think can be used for the suggestion you have given me to learn by planting a vegetable garden.
i will start with that first.

thank you once again for aking some time to reply me.

can you please suggest how i have to go with land(treatment). I will use small patch in it to grow some vegetables.[/quote]

First of all, I suggest you to check the soil & water.

Based on the reports if required you may take corrective measures. Either ways start your step with sterilizing the soil before you cultivate anything.

There are organic as well as chemical based techniques adopted for this. May be experts here can guide you more on this.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar

Where to start is the first question you only can answer. Anyone who can guide you needs to know location of your farm in order to suggest what to grow.

Crop depends on climatic and soil conditions of you land, how well protected it is, will you get manpower (labour for cultivation, picking, etc).