I am considering growing perennial moringa, would like to gather some information about it and learn about experiences from anyone raising them. We are planning to raise them in large numbers, trying to learn as much as possible about them to make an informed decision. Any pointers from our knowledgeable members would be very much appreciated.
Questions regarding perennial moringa
- Would it grow well in dry coastal climate of Visakhapatnam?
- What is the life span of the tree?
- After what time would it start bearing fruit?
- Does it require a lot of maintenance?
- How resistant is this to pests?
- Does this grow well while using organic practices (Palekar ZBNF)?
- What is the typical water requirement for this plant?
- Can I grow this along with banana in Palekar ZBNF format?
- What is the typical yield of this plant?
- What is the shelf life of the pods?
- Is PAVM the best variety and how much would saplings cost?
- Would this grow well in red sandy soil on a hill slope?
- What are the economics of this plant?
- What is the market demand for this variety in both domestic and international markets? (I am planning to grow them in thousands, hence want to make sure that there is sufficient demand for them)
- What are the major domestic demand areas for this produce? (G.P. Rao garu mentioned earlier about Odana Chatram market)
- What countries are these exported to and in what volumes?
- Is there a good demand for moringa leaf powder and what are its economics?
- Can we raise banana, moringa, melia dubia in the same plantation?
Thanks in advance.