Please share High density banana plantation success stories

Dear Experts,

I am new to banana plantation and would like to know the success stories of High density banana plantation around the world.
My dad has planted around 1200 nos in one acer and i would like to increase that in near future and request one and all to put their expertise and suggestions and contact details of farmers who have cultivated high density banana plantation.

I would like to know the following

1. Wheather high density plantation is a successful
  2. what would be % water saving for the same
  3. what would be the % of fertiliser saving for the same.

Regards

Ramesh Kumar :slight_smile:

Define high density: Please mention spacing between rows and plants(at your farm).

There is no water saving. You can utilize land effectively. If you want to save water use drip irrigation and mulch the soil.

There is no fertiliser saving. You will need more fertiliser in HD system.

Denser the space longer the gestation period.

Where are you located? I can give reference from Karnataka.

[quote=rameshkumar]
Dear Experts,

I am new to banana plantation and would like to know the success stories of High density banana plantation around the world.
My dad has planted around 1200 nos in one acer and i would like to increase that in near future and request one and all to put their expertise and suggestions and contact details of farmers who have cultivated high density banana plantation.

I would like to know the following

1. Wheather high density plantation is a successful
  2. what would be % water saving for the same
  3. what would be the % of fertiliser saving for the same.

Regards

Ramesh Kumar :slight_smile:
[/quote] Dear Ramesh Kumar Sir, Answer for your first question is, ‘yes’ ,in high density banana plantations , provided much care is taken. Infact for any high density plantations , much care is to be taken. Diseases incidents will be more, to be taken care , Fertilisers should be properly caliculated and given , if not root competetion will occur , investment for the above will be more and ofcourse income will be very much more and we will be successful if proper care is taken. I know several farmers made good money in high density plantation of Banana and I am also one. The Banana plants reciprocates very well for Organic Fertilisers and hence let us use more organic fertilisers. For your questions 2 and 3 , Sri Sir gave good answers. g.p.rao , farmer

Dear Ramesh,

Also take a look at Subhash Palekar’s book when you get a chance. He talks about raising 1435 banana plants per acre in addition to other plants. The combination might give additional returns and probably lower risks and quicker returns.

Regards,
Raj

Dear sri2012 sir,

I am located in Udupi. But my father banana farm is in AP. At present we have planted about 1000 nos in one acer and we have planted bananas in 3 acers and have dip irrigation in place.
Secondly our farms are in dry area and conservation of water is very important.

Regards

Ramesh Kumar

Thank you Sir,
Thank you Sir Providing an opportunity to Share.

The following Links may be helpful for your Farming in theoretical.
But in Practice you Contact Mr. GP Rao Garu of Karnataka who will
provide you a Practicably Approach on this Subject. You better to go
Karnataka and meet GP Rao garu who will help you in this regard.

pub.uasd.edu/ojs/index.php/kjas/ … le/917/874

kiran.nic.in/pdf/IJHF/vol23_2/7S … ana_cv.pdf

hindu.com/seta/2005/06/09/st … 441600.htm

MANNE.SN,B.Com.,LLB.,
for vasudha Green Farms,

Kindly see the video, which may be helpful…this farmer has mentioned about high density farming and his own innovation. this is the link…

farmnest.com/forum/natural-farmi … 6/#msg9926

but check the reply… Re: Jeevamrutham through drip
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 08:05:34 PM » …posted by me.

Dear Vinay Kumar Sir,

NO VIDEO AVAILABLE ON THE GIVEN LINK.
KINDLY FORWARD THE SAME TO MY MAIL RAMESHKUMAR.Y@GMAIL.COM

It is Bhumi Putra - Episode 54 being telecast in MAA TV in Andhra Pradesh, you can search for this video in Youtube.

Dear Ramesh
I have read your entire thread and have come to following conclusion:
1.Your farmland is in A.P.
2.Water is to be used sparingly
3.You intend to get in to dense banana cultivation
Now let me guide you,the density of banana should be approximately 1250 plants per acre.Any thing more than this is suicidal since you not only lose entire earning but also lose substantially as you incur expenditure on cultivation,paying for labour charges,utilising water resources for the crops and getting very paltry banana product due to excessively dense banana crops.
Keeping in view scarce water resources do not cultivate banana,go for papaya instead since the climate in Andhra best suits for papaya.However if you still require tissueculture bananas pl contact me.The sapling shall be available for Rs 12/-each.
rcdixit(Email:mprps08@hotmail.com)mob 9956201856