Hi everyone i’m new to this forum and to farming. i’m located in Rahata district of Maharashtra which has well drained black soil. 15 days ago i planted PKM1 variety of Moringa on 1 1/2 acres in a 10ft * 8ft configuration, and will be planting chillies in between 2 moringa’s. I am using an 8 lph dripper and watering it daily for about an hour.
I’ve been following the ZBNF of Mr Palekar and there has been a near 80% germination rate.
- there is high salinity in the water (white ring around the watered area) - the water source is a well…is there a solution besides changing the water source?
- i wanted to also plant marigold in between two rows (at the 4 ft distance) - is it advisable to do so considering considering it takes about 3 odd months to flower and thats the same time the rains will arrive. Also i believe marigold does not take to the heat well.
- i have another 50 acres that i want to cultivate but due to a severe water shortage and near drought conditions i am unable to. What are my options?
- i visited the local APMC and the rates are really low. would it be better to source buyers / middlemen that sell in the larger towns (Mumbai, Pune, Nashik etc) where the rates could possibly be higher. If so how can i go about sourcing these middlemen?
- drumsticks gets exported - who or how do i go about contacting potential exporters?
Thanks in advance