Papaya plants with Diseases

Dear Farmnest members,

Happy New Year !!

Below are 4 different forms of diseased plants found on my field (attached respective pics). can you please help me knowing the disease name and curing it organically if possible…?

Plantation: 1500 Plants (4 1/2 months old )

Disease 1 : Distorted leaf shape with bright green color and yellow spots/holes on it. (10-12 Plants)
Disease 2 : Yellow Distorted leaf and stunted plant growth (300 Plants)
Disease 3 : Distorted leaf shape with curved edges ( 3 plants )
Disease 4 : Irregular Shapes of Fruits ( 50% of all the fruiting plants)

On a Side Note : Plants were grew only on FYM, Green Manure and organic tonic Jeevamrutham (ZBNF). Some plants are good in shape with good fruits shape.

Dear Mr.Pawan,

Please use Neemasthra or sour butter milk as pesticide spraying. You can also use Neem cake, Castor cake and Clustor cake ( kanaga pindi, in telugu ) for fertigation, this will help the plants get good resistance power towards any disease and also the growth and yeild of the plants will be very good.

1. I dont see any mulching. Without mulching Jeevamrutha is only 5% effective.

2. irregular shaped fruit is because of malnutrition. Papaya needs atleast fertilisers once in 45 days. Even boron deficiency produces irregular papaya.

3. FYM: looks like you have used fresh FYM. Compost it and use it. or make slury when you use fresh FYM.

What you have mentioned is correct. For nutrition i had suggested to use Neem Cake, Castor Cake and Cluster Cake.

Thanks for the Replay !!

I am suspecting 1 & 2 diseases is Yellow Mosaic Virus. Can you please take a look of 1 &2 Pic once again Sir.

Its my bad, fearing of snakes i was reluctant to use it. But now I see its consequences :frowning:.

I have used Butter Milk, Agniastra and Brahmaastra as pesticides till now and composted goat/Cow Manure as FYM . Also used Castor cake along with FYM when some plants were infected with Root Knot disease.

Can you suggest some easily available organic fertilizers and their dosage per acre or per plant.

Foliar spray organic fertilisers.
1.If you have panchagavya give a foliar spray(once in three weeks)

2.Now farmers started using a formulation which consists of Organic Fulvic Acid(extracted from gomutra), Organic Humic Acid, Fish Amino Acid and Seeweed extract(kelp). I dont know the ratio. Google for supliers.
The dosage is once a month for five times. Again this is also goes waste without mulching.

1. You can prepare your own Fish Amino Acid(4% of nitrogen). Collect fish heads,tails and other waste from fish sellers. or chopped fish is also ok. Mix 1Kg of fish with 1Kg of Raw jaggery(black one) or molasses. Store it in air tight bucket. After two weeks open lid and stir twice a day for two more weeks. Filter and start using it. Care must be taken is it is anerobic process. Air and water should not come into contact. You can mix with water with 5% concentration. Lot of people use this in Kerala for Paddy. Yellowing of paddy is controled by this.

I dont think it is Mosaic virus. If you suspect so you can spray EM1 solution. Contact Mapleorgtech. (Em1 also needs mulching)
If it is mosaic virus first control sucking pests. They spread it to other plants.(post some blown up images of leaves to check if it is mosaic virus)

AS SUGGESTD BY SRI, PANCHKAVYA IS AN GOOD OPTION.

OPINE THAT IT CONTAINS ALL THE MICRO NUTIRENTS THAT IS AVAILABLE IN EM ALSO.

SRI-

PRANAMS.

MULCHING IS VERY MUCH NEEDED FOR THE SYMBIOTIC ACTIONS IN THE FIELD. FOR FOLIAR SPRAYING HOW IT ADD VALUE.

SESHAADRI