Moringa leaf powder wanted

If anybody is producing Moringa leaf powder and  looking for market ,kindly respond 

Quite of few in my circle are growing moringa. Is there a viable market since lots of labour involved to arrive at a meaningful price.
If you or anybody has some idea please let us know. For me: i tried to dry under the sun but powdering would require machinery.
Plucking a kilo would require quite a bit of labour. So am not sure if the costs can be recovered. If it makes business sense even a little
bit am interested and can pull in quite a few folks who are growing moringa in larger scale.

The market for Moringa leaf powder is quite immense in our country as well as foreign countries .Few of the person in western part of TN are producing Moringa leaf powder and exporting to overseas market …
The drawback  here is that our farmers do not know the right production technology to harvest more yield . The leaves need curing in solar drier , not under direct sun .

There’s a company in Ahmedabad that makes moringa leaf powder (in bulk quantities)

moringamanufacturer.com/

You can find a project report for manufacturing Moringa Leaf powder at:
entrepreneurindia.co/project … tails/5962

Approximate cost of the project is about Rs 1 Crore.

Dear forum,

Can anyone very briefly throw some light at this point on the minimum costs involved in setting up solar drier (of low to medium capacity say to produce 50 to 100 tons powder) , any electricity requirements for the machinery involved(I doubt if it is required), space requirements, acreage required for producing up to 100 tons?

Best regards
Guru

Yes we lack information on the production and efficient harvesting.

Ramu Sir,

Can you throw as much information out in the open for public use? I saw the project report, says 94.00 lakhs capital investment which is not
possible for most folks.

-Vinay

Dear Guru,

There are various types of solar dryers available with main difference being how the air is convected i.e is it naturally circulated or forced to circulate and also based on the type of insulation & collector materials. These could also have electricity as supplement to be used during non-solar or rainy days.

The above factors determine the longevity, efficiency & cost of the dryer.

Cost for 100 tons would be approximately Rs.3 lakhs to Rs.6 lakhs depending on the type & the technology.

Space required would vary as these systems we supply are standalone as well as manifold type also. If you are opting for one have it customized & designed as per space available.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saravana Kumar

Dear forum,

I would like to share one of my observations of moringa cultivation:
Though I did not notice any major diseases in moringa, during every cycle (6 months), my moringa plants were severely attacked by leaf eating pests causing 70 to 90 percent damage to foliage. I would say the time taken for the entire damage to foliage, catastrophic in nature, is approximately only a week and you see only the skeleton thereon. This I personally feel would be the major challenge in leaf production.

Since moringa leaf powder is solely used as food supplement and that too majorly for exports, I believe the market is quite specific for the powder to be pesticide/chemical free. My question in this regard is how we can undertake commercially viable large scale organic production of moringa leaf (say in 5 to 10 acres high density plantation) under the circumstances mentioned above.

Thanks & Best regards
Guru

Yes moringa leaf powder is exported as health supplement because of its nutritional values and hence needs to be ensured its not contaminated.

Few drying techniques followed are;

A)Washing the leaves in saline solution before drying
B)Drying temperature kept around 50 to 55C
C)Moisture of dried leaves should be less than 10%
D)Air tight packaging of powder
E)Proper milling procedures to ensure fine powder and not coarse

Once the leaves are dried mould free and powder is packed appropriately i do not see why these cant be marketed when there is enough selling scope.

As Guru has pointed getting healthy & chemical free leaves to the drying stage would be challenging, and as Vinay pointed plucking the leaves would be laborious.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar

Is it possible to cultivate Moringa PKM1 in Meerut Uttar pradesh
Satish

Am from Pondicherry, We make Moringa Leaf Powder, dried in Solar dryer.
Sumathi
94437 29296

If it is Organic certified. We do have a market for it in the USA. I would be interested in a buyback if they are certified.

dear Ramu sir please give me your mobile numbar i need your guid for miringa caltivation in rajastahn

i need mobile numbar of RAMU sir if have any one please send me on my email id arifkhansehala@gmail.com or whatsup 00966553275980

i need solar drair please send me specification and qutation asap arifkhansehala@gmail.com

Hi Mr Ramuji I am growing organic Moringa at our farm near Hyderabad.plz let me know your requirement of dried Moringa leaf plz call me or text me your mobile number on 9652040401.

Yes ,we r farming mornings leaves but not converting in powder,
Please quote what price we can get,what about transportation cost etc.

During my stay in West Africa, I observed lot of demand for Moringa powder. They are using it like herbal tea and selling it small pouch. But what is the scenario in India, market for Moringa leaf powder, I have doubt.
Regards.
Sharad Pant

Medikonda Nutrients

Medikonda Nutrients is the Largest Manufacturer, Wholesale Supplier, Bulk Distributor, Exporter of Organic Moringa Leaf Powder, Moringa Capsules, Moringa Tablets, Moringa Oil, Moringa Tea, Moringa Body Butter and other products. Medikonda Nutrients is the only Manufacturer in USA to have its own Organic Moringa Farm of 130 Acres.

• Medikonda Nutrients holds 130 Acres of farm land near Hyderabad in Sangareddi district which is 55 mins distance from Gachibowli, Hyderabad.

• We are planning to lease the bits of land in 10 acres or 20 acres ratios to dedicated / hardworking farmers who is already experienced in agriculture for the purpose of cultivating Moringa Leaf and Pods.

• This portion of farm land is leased to the individual farmers on a contract farming basis in order to cultivate Moringa under the USDA organic farming norms. The contract is signed by the company to buyback the produce from the farmers.

• The farm land is ready for cultivation and is leased @ Rs. 20k/Acre. The expected profit is Rs. 65k to 100k Per Acre Per Year. The total farmer investment would be Rs. 5L - 8L approximately per 10 Acres which is a onetime investment and fetches income for 5 years. After 5 years the harvest will gradually decrease so its needed to replant the seeds once again. The investment is expected to be back within 8 months.

• Seeds, Planting Material and Farming Technique is provided by the company at free of cost. The individual farmers are responsible for the cultivation and harvesting of the Moringa Crop. 100% Organic inputs and fertilizers to be used for cultivation.

• The farm land is fully fenced, 365 days bore water availability, 365 river water availability, power availability, 8 servant quarters, 1 guest house, land fully developed for cultivation etc.

If interested please contact us at: support@medikonda.com or leave your contact number in the comments section and we will contact you within 24 hrs. Cultivation needs to be started within 2 months from now.

Please see the farm video in this link => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poHUZ_QJOxc

Please see the farm pictures which includes servant quarters, guest house etc